I have been experementing with the new alejandro program which allows us to write files into the dev_flash so i thought what if i can turn my 3.41 kiosk unit into retail without actually downgrading. So i went off and copied over the vsh from acidcfw and pasted it into the the original vsh unit viola i had an 3.41acidcfw. Just to be on the safe side i flashed the original 3.41 to check if it had actually worked and guess what it worked!
1. Download ACIDCFW
2. Install Mount Alejandro
3. Mount the dev_flash using Mount Alejandro
4. Put ACIDCFW into the usb pendrive
5. Download Comgenie’s Awesome Filemanager
6. Put it in the pendrive
7. Load Awesomefilemanager
8. Copy and paste the vsh into dev_flash make sure you replace all the files.
9. Restart PS3 and you have ACIDCFW
Optional 10 (to make it fully retail)
10. Put the ps3 3.41 file inside PS3/UPDATE
11. Power up ps3 in recovery mode.
12. Update it to the retail 3.41 using recovery manager.
13. You have turned it into retail well done icon biggrin Turn Kiosk PS3 into Retail PS3 without downgrade .
Tested by Nev and tutorial brought to you by kbx.org/tutorials/turn-kiosk-ps3-into-retail-ps3-without-downgrade/