- Swap Magic Disc (v3.6)
- USB Memory Stick
- A PC
- A PS3
This method works on ALL PS3's that are capable of playing PS2 games (20/60gb SKU's), and up to the latest Firmware (2.41) to date. Some have reported that this method does work on 20/60gb NTSC SKU's as well.
1) Download: http://www.ps4news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=15239
Extract its contents into the root of your USB Memory Stick.
2) Put your new USB Memory Stick with the files on into your PS3. Insert the Swap Magic Disc and click the PS2 disc icon when it appears. Swap Magic will now load... you will have to press your PS button to use control pad.
3) Now press R1 + Up on the Dpad simultaneously and a menu should appear.
4) Press any direction on the Dpad and then the O button to enter Config.
5) Press the O button again at default, and then in the new list go down to 'MISC/' and press the O button again.
6) Go down one to 'FileBrowser' and press the O button yet again.
7) Now the old Config menu should appear go down to 'Ok' and press the O button.
8) At this point you have to make sure 'FileBrowser' text is gray by using Dpad directions and press the O button when it is gray.
9) Here go down to 'MASS:/' the go down to 'USBD.IRX' and press R1 and then 'Copy' (press the O button).
10) Press the Triangle button to go back.
11) Now go to 'mc0:/' and press the O button.
12) Press R1 and then go down to 'New Dir' and press the O button.
13) Name the new directory as follows:
- All American NTSC consoles - BADATA-SYSTEM
- All PAL consoles - BEDATA-SYSTEM
- All Japanese consoles - BIDATA-SYSTEM
Then press OK. Enter the BEDATA-SYSTEM directory now and press R1 again then paste the USBD.IRX file there by chosing 'Paste' in the box.
14) Press the Triangle button twice and then the PS button and 'Quit Game'
15) Now start Swap Magic again.
16) This time hold up on the dpad and then press L1.
17) This will bring up the choice of emulators PGen and SNES Station. Choose the one you want by pressing the X button.
18) There you have it, all done and enjoy! All you have to do now is get some ROMs for the emulators.
Note: You don't have to do the whole proccess each time you want to run the emulators, just connect the USB Memory Stick and go from step 15 above.