How to make High Quality DVD Back-ups for PS3
If you're like me you've wanted a way to back up your DVD collect in order to play it via the PS3 that doesn't take hours to process. So here it goes, the simplest, fastest way to back up your DVD collection.
1. Download DVD Decyrpter (http://www.dvddecrypter.org.uk/ or directly via: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/charles...er_188.8.131.52.exe)
2. Install and run it.
3. Go to Tools -> Settings -> IFO Mode Tab. Change the File Splitting to None under Options.
4. Under the Mode menu select IFO.
5. Insert the DVD you want to back up and wait for it to load.
6. On the Input Tab select the item with the most time. That will be the movie.
7. On the Stream Processing Tab Deselect everthing except the video and any audio channels you would like.
8. Click on the DVD to Harddrive button and wait for the movie to process. It will take anywhere from 10-20 minutes depending on your computer.
9. Locate the output directory that was created and navigate into the movie folder and into the Video_TS folder.
10. Find the file that has the .vob extension and rename it to the [name of the move].mpg. You can delete the other files as they are not needed.
And there you have it. A high quality back up that the PS3 will play. I know that this method sounds simple, but I have yet to find a movie that this didn't work with. The file sizes are fairly large ranging from 3 to 6 GB but the quality is that of watching the DVD directly. The whole process takes about 15 minutes per movie.. a whole lot better then recompressing them for hours!
How to make High Quality DVD Back-ups
How do you put large files on a FAT32 filesystem as the PS3 doesn't recognise the NTFS :-(
I try to find the format32 app from the Web, and see if it can do a specific format FAT32 where I can store big files, unfortunately I didn't succeed.
maybe you can split 2 parts
the real problem is that fat32 only supports files upto 4gb.
so yeah you either need to split the file, encode it using xvid or send it across the network.
Somebody already copied PS3 games? Clone Blu-ray?
how do you succeed in having only one vob file ?
When i use this method, i have several vob files.
Thanks for your help.
dvd decrypter power