09-14-2010 #1internetfloozy Guest
How to Install / Set-up PS3 SDK 1.92 Properly
With the SDK 1.92 sneaking out all over the torrent sites, lots of posts of people have no luck installing it and compiling, so I'm not sure if this will work for you but this is my journey, the quick and dirty version. Hopefully I didn't miss anything.
Windows 7 x64
Files I used:
PS3_SDK-192_001-Installer_1.0 (refer to http://www.ps4news.com/forums/ps3-ha...ls-109568.html)
- First thing I did was install mingw (mingw-get-inst-20100909.exe), followed by MSYS-1.0.11.exe then msysDTK-1.0.1.exe. During the install of the second two files it wants to install to "c:\msys\1.0" I edited that to reflect the sdk document "c:\msys"
- Then I set the environment variables like so:
New System Variable
Variable name: CELL_SDK
Variable value: /c/usr/local/cell
New System Variable
Variable name: LANG
Variable value: C
Edit System Variable
Variable name: PATH
Variable value: c:\msys\1.0\bin
- Then I ran the SDK 1.92 installer and left all the default settings as is.
-When that was complete I verified that the PATH variable was updated with all the SDK paths:
- Next I followed two more steps from the SDK Setup document too set the initial configuration file of the PPU and SPU debugger.
This is the point where I figured everything was complete but to make things a bit easier I edit the profile bash of MinGW to make my home directory be the 1.92 sdk directory.
- Open the file C:\msys\etc\profile with a capable editor (I use 010 editor) and set the HOME environment variable to the fixed location, for this I used c:\usr\local\cell\
- To test i started MSYS browsed into the samples directory and found the project called "testapp" and typed "MAKE" and hit enter. A lot of information flashed across the screen then ended with outputting 2 magical files....testapp.elf and testapp.self.
This is just an example of how I got this to work, no promises it will work for you, but hopefully it is enough to get you in the right direction since I imagine alot of amateurs will be installing this and trying to work its magic.
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
Thanks for making a guide on this internetfloozy, and +Rep!
I have also added a PS3 SDK Setup and Compiling Open Manager PDF guide by jamestanner here for those interested:
09-14-2010 #3febag92 Guest
Making it faster.
Size: 569 KB (582.137 bytes)
Size: 3,2 MB (3.283.940 bytes)
Size: 9,9 MB (10.299.560 bytes)
09-14-2010 #4atlask2 Guest
Or use virtualbox and install a ubuntu desktop edition on a vm , this is how i did
very easy and no risk if it crash
09-14-2010 #5TheShroomster Guest
what is the install file? i downloaded the $dk 1.92 and unzipped and all files seem to be there but the exe to install.
09-14-2010 #6Bulldogzz Guest
I understand how to set up the SDK, that's the easiest part and although I'm perfectly able at average c, c++ i have not the foggiest where to start with it, I would imagine you need to have say extensive knowledge of how the ps3 works, however an opensource helloworld would be good for reference know mean?
09-14-2010 #7Tender Phantom Guest
09-14-2010 #8febag92 Guest
Finally got it to work. Gonna copy "PS3_SDKDoc_e.chm" to my phone to read tomorrow during classes.
Which GUI Debugger are you guys gonna use? Hopefully someone is gonna leak ProDG
09-14-2010 #9tripellex Guest
09-15-2010 #10sapperlott Guest
Symlink everything except the .exe files directly from host-win32 to host-linux (except the stuff that is already there). For the exe-files create symlinks in util-linux without the .exe suffix. A short round of "chmod a+x" on the executables along with two entries in .bash_profile setting the environment variables and you're good to go. You might need an older version of libstdc++ for the executables in host-linux/bin but that can be taken from an earlier Ubuntu release.
I'll put together a package to make this process easier in the afternoon.