How to fix Wireless Internet Error 8001000B on PS3
I struggled setting up the wireless Internet connection on my PS3. It seemed that no matter what I did, I kept getting the error message 8001000B. After reading some help materials on this Web site, I determined that I needed to add to my router list of allowable MAC addresses the PS3 MAC address.
Once I did this, the setup was as easy as shown on the manual.
1. Locate the PS3 MAC address number: Settings - System Settings - System Information
2. Open the software controlling the rounter. This is usually done my typing the router's IP address on your browser. ie http://18.104.22.168
3. Locate a tab for FILTERS
4. Slelect MAC filters.
5. Enter the PS3 MAC address from previous step as an allowable MAC address.
6. Save entry. At this point rounter will reset itself.
7. Go back and set up the wireless connection on PS3. Select all settings automatic or EASY as the case maybe.
And voila, you got it... enjoy!