How to Downgrade a PS3 Using an Infectus Mod-Chip
In this tutorial you will learn how to downgrade the PS3's firmware using the Infectus mod-chip.
To get started, you should download the small software that you can find here: http://www.infectus.biz/downloads.php
Then, please download the Drivers that you'll need to make Infectus visible for the System here: http://www.infectus.biz/downloads.php
Once you have got everything turn your console ON, connect Infectus to the USB port and start the software!
Note: To allow Infectus to have the control of the NAND FLASH, the PS3 must be turned on we need to wait the browser screen, after you can connect the USB cable of INFECTUS to PC.
Is very important that you don't touch nothing in the browser when INFECTUS read and write the NANDs FLASHES... because is possible a corruption of data.
The wires must be connected shortly and not crossed from Infectus to PS3.
We are working now to give a COMPARING FEATURE that can check if the backup is 100% perfect like the NAND, right now the only suggestion to prevent to flash a corrupted firmware is to DUMP two times the data and compare the files, if all is ok you can use the backups without problems.
To compare the files use this CMD command line in WINDOWS "fc X:/filename X:/filename /b"
1) Select DOUBLE NAND PROGRAMMER from ACTEL FIRMWARE
2) If you see this picture you have correctly load the PS3 FIRMWARE in the PROGRAMMER
3) Select UPDATE to proceede the update of INFECTUS
4) Select than the PS3 FLASH "0" NAND like the picture (ps3 have two nands)
5) Select READ to DUMP the NAND FLASH (128Mb!! for every NAND), will be necessary to repeat the procedure for FLASH01
6) With the DUMP of both the NAND FLASHES you can every time flash the PS3 in the future. In our video we show how is possible to downgrade the PS3 from 1.6 firmware to 1.5 version. BE CAREFUL to do two time the dump of NAND flashes and compare the files, so you are sure you have a correct DUMP without data corruption.
7) Before start the writting of NAND we need to ERASE IT (be careful! you need to have the dump of flashes before do this operation)
8) Select YES
9) When ERASE is finish, you can start the WRITE process with the DUMPED files.
10) Here again the steps for FLASH 1
Video Guide here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVnMb2YwGu8
More attachments for the first post...
is that possible to downgrade the firmware with debug firmware?
Alternative Infectus PS3 Install Diagrams - SEM-001 Board
I've already posted this in reply to another thread, but I'll post it again here so people can see it...
ALTERNATIVE solder connections for the SEM-001 motherboard - since there are NONE available anywhere I've made my own & traced the connections (No more TSOP soldering!!!)
I see one mighty looking guide here for downgrading... Lucky for us Infectus owners!!
thanks.. i'm really interested in this..
Hi Mushy409, Thanks for the great tutorial from thread of "PS3 3.6x Downgrade Tutorial (256Mb NAND Only)"
My PS3 : CECHCxx use 2x NAND OFW 3.61, 60 gb
Flasher : Progskeet (can't get infectus at my area)
I try to downgrade it to CFW 3.55. I have read many tutorials how to downgrade PS3 NOR with Progskeet, but there is no tutorials i've found for NAND with Progskeet.So i finally found this forum, tutorials with infectus for NAND.
maybe this is silly question, may i use tutorials from http://www.ps4news.com/forums/ps3-gu...ly-120578.html to downgrade my ps3 with my progskeet instead of infectus ?
Many Thanks bro, Wish a good luck for you
Yes you can. The only difference being is you flash the patched NAND images using the progskeet software instead. The process is the same, you are just using an alternative programmer.
For 3.61 you need to be using the 1patchcos355.bin as all the 3.6x consoles I've done have only worked with this.