- tsMuxeR (http://www.smlabs.net/tsMuxer/tsMuxeR_1.8.4(b).zip or http://www.smlabs.net/tsmuxer_en.html for latest)
The conversion process using tsMuxeR is a very simple one. It consists of adjusting a few settings, which you can see highlighted in the screenshot on the right.
The video or audio content is not actually converted at all. All tsMuxeR does is that it extracts (demuxes) the video and audio from the Matroska .MKV file and wraps them (muxes) to a .ts transport stream format. The video or audio remain untouched, so the quality is not impacted and the process is very fast.
Perform the following steps:
- Open a .MKV file with AVC/AC3 content using the Add button
- Observe the track info for AVC profile information. If it shows a value higher than 4.1, then use the Change level function to adjust it down to 4.1
- Choose TS muxing as Output
- Click browse button and choose the name and location for your file
- Click Start muxing to begin
After a few minutes you should have files named filename.ts. Now all you need to do is to burn the .TS file on a DVD-R(W), or transfer via RedKawa to your PS3.
I converted and played around 10 .mkv movies without any problem thus far. FYI I'm using Nero Burning ROM to write the files. DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO) compilation with UDF 2.01 File system version.