PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67817 ... LastLast

 
 
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20
    strange idea: when ps3 connect to PSN it must download some data to some server... why not recreate a FAKE (local) PSN so we can click and download the real file on PC and not the replaced one with ps3proxy ? (file than can not installed by 8002AE04 error)

    like a big GUI ps3proxy, i don't know hot to do this, but maybe can work.

  2. #62
    @Nemis
    Activation of files are done through TCP port 443 (Hypertext Transfer Protocol over Secure Socket Layer aka "https") not through unsecure HTTP (TCP port 80). Thus the request does not pass through the proxy. It would require a DNS that redirect the request to a local server with the SSL certificate, which IMO is unlikely to happen.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by aldostools View Post
    @Nemis
    Activation of files are done through TCP port 443 (Hypertext Transfer Protocol over Secure Socket Layer aka "https") not through unsecure HTTP (TCP port 80). Thus the request does not pass through the proxy. It would require a DNS that redirect the request to a local server with the SSL certificate, which IMO is unlikely to happen.
    if the install error is because ps3 save some data from PSN before stat download, and then test if DL file is the same (like when insert new BR, i read in other post that PSŁ save the info of BR somewere end befor start soft on BR it Test if the name is the same)

    the idea is to setup a fake server on pc, not a intermediate proxy. so the only connection is ps3-PC, no internet. ps3 must logon and see to a local fake PSN, with the link to real file on PC.. a lot of demo no need to activation, (but local serve can use :443, ok we not know certificate, but maybe this is more easy to find than the encryption key of HD or SELF/ELF pkg)

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1
    now here's the trick, as before the proxy wouldnt work as it said an error when it downloaded the random demo which you proxied to be the one of ya pc... so all you do now is normal download a demo, then exit the store and pause it, then do the proxy stuff and it works!!!

  5. #65
    and then do not forget to put the link here in the forum for staff who do not have a router, power play gave us ...

    thanks

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by aidbur View Post
    now here's the trick, as before the proxy wouldnt work as it said an error when it downloaded the random demo which you proxied to be the one of ya pc... so all you do now is normal download a demo, then exit the store and pause it, then do the proxy stuff and it works!!!
    So you are basically just copying the method already outlined earlier in this thread by pausing the background downloaded item and then changing the target file with the proxy. Nice one.

  7. #67

    Angry

    i recently updated to FW 2.41 and i sucessfully got the specific PKG files to download, and so yeah theyre on my PS3 HDD now.. but when i try to install them, i get an error message, like the same one recieved by the person who started this thread.

    I think FW 2.41 "patched" using this method of downloading files... im not sure, but its logical thought...

  8. #68
    Could someone please post the method on how to install the PS3 demos via Proxy with FW 2.41. I always get that error from the OP.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    12
    I finally got it thank after several trial and errors!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbenge View Post
    I finally got it thank after several trial and errors!
    Sounds good Dbenge but could you give any details on how you got it to work as other members could find it very helpful to them if they have a similar problem..Thanks.

 

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67817 ... LastLast


Tags for this Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Register, Login or Activate Your Account to post on the forums.