I love when this POOR VENIX (Victor) guy posts such bs. Again he changed the icon and title of multiMAN to "Venix Manager".
I remember he was asking for $$$ if you want the 'advanced features' of his manager. Don't be scammed - multiMAN is free and translated to 26 languages.
I see no credits to the translator of multiMAN interface... not to mention mM at all
I think they should stick their ungrateful, ripoff portugese crap firmware, who do they think your dealing with a bunch of idiots? lol
Another useless CFW or software that is all ready made by someone else long time ago !
07-23-2011 #26Banned User
- Join Date
- Jul 2010
lol... you see this (and we all know this is stolen and has been modified to the max to try and fool us) report them to sony ? profit ??
people like them who try and mess around with other peoples work like this is disgusting and what Deank said is proof... such BS is unacceptable, we won't pay for something that is already free.
i thought this may happen, being multiMAN is so good, some fool steal the code (i know its open source!!), mod it, then try sell it... thanks to DEAN for multiMAN!!
pity this crap gets mentioned on a respectable site like ps3 news..
Venix Downgrade PS3 4.11 to 3.55 Patch GUI is Released
Following up on our previous release, today myself (OverX) and HwapX have made available a Venix Downgrade PS3 4.11 to 3.55 Patch GUI for those interested followed by a translation error fix and update v1.2 and revision 4 below.
Download: Venix Downgrade PS3 4.11 to 3.55 Patch GUI / Venix Downgrade GUI v188.8.131.52 / Venix Downgrade Patch v1.2 for E3 Flasher NOR / Venix Downgrade Patch v1.2 for Progskeet NOR / Venix Downgrade Patch v1.2 for FAT Dual NAND / CFV 2.0 Revision 4 by MRDOTB
Warning: According to the PS3 Dev Wiki (ps3devwiki.com/wiki/Talkowngrading_with_Hardware_flasher#Venix_Autopatcher ) the Venix Autopatcher / Downgrade tool is known and proven to give false positives on bad dumps that lead to permabricks.
Use this method (ps3devwiki.com/wiki/Validating_flash_dumps): Validating flash dumps to make sure the dumps are in crisp condition. You cannot recover from bad flash without proper dumps (e.g. bricking the console beyond repair).
From eussnl: The only thing this tool tests is size and "oya," nothing else. It blindly copypastes ps3 binary code from inside its EXE inside the file. In best case scenario (if a proper validated dump was used) it creates a patched file just like Winskeet, Progskeet etc do since a long time.
There is no need for a tool that gives users a false feeling of security, while in reality there is none. You need Flowrebuilder anyhow to extract+check and validate your dump. I see no reason why you should not be using the builtin autopatcher of Flowrebuilder too (which is a veteran tool, as Flowrebuilder has been intensely tried+tested+bugfixed).
Venix Downgrade is a Windows application that lets you use your patch in NOR or NAND to return to version "downgrade" 4.11 to 3.55. You can also compare your flash to check if there is errors.
Application created to facilitate the process:
- Compatible with Progskeet, E3 Flasher, Teensy 2.0++ other.
- Compatible with NOR and NAND.
- Script to check malformed headers, File names, Region names.
- Check headers offsets NOR.
- Compares bits between two NAND or NOR.
- GUI interface.
- Patch to downgrade simplified.
- Automated Method
- Requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4
Portuguese and English version changed according to the language of your operating system.
From the v1.2 release (blog.cursos-games.com.br/?p=902) changes, to quote:
Checking the header and size of files:
- Checks if the metldr is compatible with downgrade.
- Validation editable via xml
- Search patch for external NOR and NAND.
How to use:
- Make reading your NAND or NOR with E3 or Progskeet.
- Open your backup with v1.2 Downgrade Venix
Failures: If by chance the program detects a fault, we will use the Flow Rebuild to solve.
- Let's download the FlowRebuilder v.184.108.40.206.exe.
- We will open your NOR defective.
- Now select the "Byte reverse and extract a NOR dump file."
- Open your NOR and execute the function.
- The program will create a new NOR with the extension. REV.
- Remove the extension and apply the patch to v1.2 Downgrade Venix
CFV 2.0 Revision-4 Changelog:
- Language support - for now is only a Polish, English, German and Spanish. Unfortunately, no special characters support (we plan in future add external font support in lang.xml).
- Translated databases into German and Spanish.
- Updated English databases.
- New icon for displaying text files (i.e readmes/changelogs). Files are define in <RTFM></RTFM> and read from files DIR.
- Other minor fixes (SHA2-224 on Windows XP not support yet).
Thanks for translations: Fatman, toto67 and Evilnat. Complete list of rebug fw info set, and a few others. List is not complete but i'll try in future complete it. Some of ./files are ripoff site news (because there's was no official readmes).
More PlayStation 3 News...
This and false, was not modified by our team, someone did it and used our name! should exclude this!