Can you perhaps make a tutorial for those of us who havent made the CEX to DEX switch yet and give us the benefits ? I've been relying on these releases to get patched but it seems like there is a better way. I'm on Kmeaws 3.55 still and have been since the beginning. How much of a pain is it to get an ISO's ready from a retail dump ? I'm also assuming it can paying anything up to the current DEX Fw ? Is this correct ?
1) BD组在这之前没有出售过任何3.55 USB电子狗，请不要把BD组与其他不良厂家混为一谈。
Our team here has never created/sold any 3.55 Dongles so please do not confuse us with crappy/other companies
2) 我们理解玩家因为购买其他3.55 USB电子狗没有得到良好的售后服务而产生的不满情绪，这里我们准备推出2个版本。
We understand that 3.55 dongles were not liked in the community but our dongle will be based a newer, better version compared with them
so they know the scene hates dongles and dongles are crap, but they try to play us like we are fn stupid and then make another lousy dongle. i hope these people end up in some crappy jail somewhere, for profiting off piracy.
Some guy said download links for 4.21 Red Power CFW are being created by the team
Anyone may please translate?
DeanK has said that the dongle rumors are false. Quit spreading bs rumors before the product is even out.
As far as the new dongle goes. I just really hope that at the very least there is something in their code that (if found at all) can be used by real CFW/MFW devs. I miss the fun times that were had when the 3.41 - 3.55 CFWs were coming out. The only hard part was figuring out which dev's CFW to use since they all pretty much got the job done.
Basically it allows you to:
- Install any DEX FW higher than 3.55 and then downgrade without flasher (to the limit of the factory FW)
- If homebrewes are Fake signed you can use they on every DEX FW
- You can play all 3.55 backups and prior
- You can play 3.60+ games (originals)
- You can get into debugger mode, and use the debug options
- And latest you can use latest features of the recent FW
But you can't:
- Play BD/DVD video
- Access PSN
- Run latest games (backups) if there isn't a Retail update of it
Surely i missed something else :P
Anyways for more (accurate) info check: ps3devwiki.com/wiki/Talk:Cex2Dex
If it requires the dongle only during the install, what's to stop someone from sharing it? I guess maybe the dongle keeps track, but I can think of ways around that. I'd love to see someone giving it out for free online using some sort of remote USB sharing.
I wonder if E3 are still planning to release their own dongle too, lol.