Sponsored Links

PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It looks like its a retail to debug converter. Not really interested in doing that till its tested by others with more than 1 PS3 unlike myself.
    If it does play 3.6+ games then I will do it.

It looks like I will be getting a PS3 to test this on later today. Any more things to try out? While I got this PS3 I might as well test everything on it.
    Last edited by spunkybunny; 01-16-2012 at 02:19 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    I've also re-uploaded the 4.00 Debug Dump files to multiupload (http://www.multiupload.com/FJCC4PXU0C) so it can stay alive for longer.

do we have to use dev_blind.pkg to transfer the files? couldn't we use comgenie?

using dev_blind you don't write directly to dev_flash, thus protecting your ps3 from bricks.
    besides for file transfer, Multiman's FTP server is ok me thinks.

Libsysutil_game.sprx
    Libsysutil_game_exec.sprx ?
    they're under dev_flash/sys/external.
    Last edited by Asch18; 01-16-2012 at 03:07 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You can still easily brick with dev_blind as it does edit dev_flash files, all dev_blind does is let you edit dev_flash as you cant edit it directly.

dev_blind 1.1 doesn't create dev_fflash just because of that risk of brick?

"Dev_blind v1.1: The app mounts dev_flash to the location dev_blind and enables full read and write permissions to the PS3's flash.(Use it to write files to ‘/dev_fflash’ (double f) directory, instead of ‘/dev_flash’–to prevent system brick and issues.)"

I know it's gonna get merged but I can't edit my posts, FreeFlash 3.55 is the one that makes dev_fflash, I was mistaken.
    Last edited by Asch18; 01-16-2012 at 04:05 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Uh, so can we recreate this without the dongles now?

apparently cfw prophet has already been able to boot some 3.6+ games using this method. all we can do now is sit back and wait to see what happens

No, you won't get a test unit simply installing a debug hybrid fw on a retail ps3 since the EID of your ps3 remains still retail, so all the main features of a debug ps3 won't work.

Multiman still works fine on your cfw 3.41 because there are the unsigned code running patches on coreos (lv1), not for other reasons.

I'm sure cfwprophet's and team AC1D will come up with something in a few days

Sponsored Links
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS4 Downloads - PS4 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 4 News