Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Standalone Prince of Persia PS3 PKG File for Custom Firmware Out

Today NEO117 has made available a standalone Prince of Persia PS3 PKG and homebrew files to run the 1989 game on PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware without the use of an SNES emulator along with Street Rod and Street Rod 2 and more updates below.

Download: Standalone Prince of Persia (1989) PS3 PKG Files / Standalone Prince of Persia (1989) PS3 PKG Files (Updated Graphics) / Street Rod PS3 PKG File / Street Rod 2 PS3 PKG File / Caesar PS3 PKG File

I have tested it and can confirm that it works 100%. Give it a go as its a great game and runs completely smooth.

To quote: I just compiled this PKG with the very first Prince of Persia ready to play on your PS3. Enjoy it.

NOTE: I tested it and found no problems, however if you do find any issue please let me know by PM or on this thread. Thank you.

I simply Used the fail0verflow tools and the Dosbox port for PS3. Nothing too hard. Btw, I updated the download. There's another PKG for the Homebrew category if you have it, and it has SND0.AT3 now.

Street Rod 1 and 2 for PS3: This was requested and so I decided to go for it. Should you find any issues please let me know.

Again, this has 2 PKGs, one for the regular "Game" category, and one for the "Homebrew" category should you have it.

Update: Well, I got a little bored tonight and decided to go for something a bit different. Here's a small treat to you guys. The classic Prince of Persia with updated backgrounds and characters.

I want to say that I do not take credit in anyway for the enhanced graphics, these belong to the guys at Princed who made an incredible work in this department. I did put them in the game permanently and compiled the PKG though.

I also want to say that I ran into A LOT of bugs when doing this. I think I managed to fix them but should you find anything that went over my gaze please let me know. Also you're gonna have to tinker a bit with the mappings if you want to play with a keyboard (for whatever reason...) however it works just fine with the controller. Also, this release will work 100% fine in the PC using Dosbox, it's the PS3 that gave me issues... so I had to do a lot of trial and error before I got it down.

With all this said, here are some screenshots and of course, the link to download it. (above)

I managed to make it run, however being a simulator I couldn't really map the controls. So I'd recommend using Keyboard/Mouse for this one, however you CAN use the DS3 in Mouse mode.

Caesar 2 crashed and Pirates worked at first and then froze for some reason. I'll try those tomorrow morning, right now I'm dead tired.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Thanks for this , But I'll stick to playing it using my NES emulator.

Cool beans.

You hit 1000 posts by the way but I guess you probably knew that.

I just realized. I don't know why I've been posting so much lately.

Do you fancy firing up your nes emulator, giving Prince Of Persia a quick play, then try the ps3 pkg and see if either is noticibly better?

Seems like I made a mistake, this was a SNES game, my bad.

Anyways the graphics are much better using the SNES emulator but they both have the same gameplay.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for that - wil give it a try.

I have MM but havent tried the emulators yet - any tips on where to get reliable roms from?

Thanks

I think that's clever. Way to go. And I'd tell you where to get reliable roms but I'm pretty sure I am not allowed to link to rom sites. lol

I have now promoted this to the main page and +Rep for the news natepig!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last