Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Serious PS3 error occurred after switching to Rebug CFW

Hi,

I have an 80GB BC PS3 that was running kmeaw 3.55 until a couple weeks ago. I installed the most recent Rebug to use ReactPSN, and everything was running fine. Then, last night, I wanted to spoof a higher firmware so I could play Chrono Cross. I downloaded the 4.0 spoofer and installed it, and then went into the Rebug Selector and hit L1+Circle, to enable Rebug Mode.

Now the system displays "A Serious Error has occurred" on a red screen. I've turned it off and on a couple times, and every so often it will take longer for the error to occur, but I haven't been able to get past it.

Is there anything I can do to get my system up and running again? I don't even care if I lose data or my CFW, I just want to be able to use the PS3 again.

Thanks.

Start the Rescue Menu and try to install OFW from the System Update option.

Try reflashing your console back to 3.55 OFW - then install Rebug again over the OFW. Give that a try and let me know how you get on buddy!

Damn CFWprophet! Just beat me on that post!

You need to update to 3.55.6 Rebug - There's a conflict when ReactPSN is installed, whilst trying to use a spoof.

The Rescue menu worked like a charm. Thanks, everyone.