10-26-2012 #371solokaz Guest
I am on first v1 rogero can Install this 1.9 over v.01 any one tell me...
10-26-2012 #372G Sus Guest
does it still have the glitch when you use the PS button ingame?
and can you install it over the old one, or do you have to downgrade to 3.55 again first?
10-26-2012 #373Djmatrix32 Guest
Will this allow you to play games that need 3.56+ firmware? I hate to ask like a n00b
10-26-2012 #374ConsoleDev Guest
According to Rogero:
- Updating from CFW4.21 v1.00 to the CFW4.21 v1.09 should be done using the following steps:
1 - Proper Way (CFW4.21 v1.00 --> CFW3.55 --> CFW4.21 v1.09)
- Downgrade back to ver3.55 using the guide above.
- Once on Rogero CEX3.55 v3.7 you can update again from Recovery Menu into the new CFW4.21 v1.09
2 - Alternative Way (CFW4.21 v1.00 --> Recovery Menu --> CFW4.21 v1.09)
- You can try updating from CFW4.21 v1.00 to CFW4.21 v1.09 from Recovery Mode first.
- If it didn't work, then you'll have to use the first Proper Way (CFW4.21 v1.00 --> CFW3.55 --> CFW4.21 v1.09)
10-26-2012 #375gemini420 Guest
When the QA flag is set, the Recovery Mode will check for PUP in BDROM first. If none is found in BDROM, then it looks at the USB. Make sure you don't have a game disc in. I'm guessing you do, and it has a 3.40 Firmware PUP.
10-26-2012 #376G Sus Guest
thanks for that ConsoleDev, and the final question is does it fix the ingame PS button glitch
any idea if its safe for dex to cex converted consoles?
10-26-2012 #377ConsoleDev Guest
I forgot the most important things..
v1.09 Details and Changes
- Compatibility problem with some Slim models (CECH-25xx) is now fully fixed.
- XMB Icons problem from in-game PS button is now fixed.
- Loading games from App_home Icon is now fixed.
- Many other fixes from version 1.00 for a better performance and added stability.
- It was tested by hundreds of testers on all PS3 models (FAT & Slim) and no problems were encountered.
- It can run games signed with Keys up to version 4.21 without any Eboot/Sprx patching needed
- Games can be loaded from Disc Icon (with Original game in BD) and from app_home (Disc-less, but not all games).
- Current 3.55 homebrew applications can't be loaded on this CFW, applications must be re-signed properly for FW4.21
So, yes it does fix the ingame PS button glitch as well
10-26-2012 #378G Sus Guest
thanks loads, very much appreciated.
and Rogero goes in the PS3 history books as being the first to deliver a fully working and stable 4.21cfw
10-26-2012 #379chr15m Guest
i got the duplex rip, all i keep getting upon loading is a quit back to xmb with 80010009 error tried int/ext different game settings
10-26-2012 #380appache777 Guest
does anyone know if assasins creed 3 working on this cfw or only on dex ?