i downloaded them from here... i've tried three mirrors now.. maybe its just thinking its 3.4?.. would that happen if i didn't do the qa part properly? the cfw works it just says 3.40... i doing update from recovery mode and everything
10-26-2012 #362Banned User
- Join Date
- Oct 2012
try a 3.7+ game if it works the dont worry about it lol, if not then you know its wrong.
ok check it out i was having issues loading new games with this cfw WELL NO MORE. It may have been a simple thing and said throughout the forum but what I did was update each of the 4.21 games. And all games play now EXCEPT DOA 5 the game starts and then ON 1ST kASUMI mission the game freezes everytime in story mode when i need to land the high strikes with punch or kick .
I have the bles repack by duplex, is anyone else having this issue with Dead or Alive 5 Amazing Spider-Man works, One Piece worked without any update, Resident Evil 6 works, and so on only issue is this one flaw... anything???
Now update from rogero for 4.21cfw version 1.09... many tester say stable and working well.. not brick any more
I'm on 4.21 rogero. No problems at this moment. Can wait for any update that become available
Rogero CEX 4.21 CFW v1.09 PS3 Custom Firmware is Released
Following up on his PS3 Brick-Recovery Procedure, today PlayStation 3 scene developer Rogero has updated his PS3 4.21 Custom Firmware to Rogero CEX 4.21 CFW v1.09 which he hopes is brick-free now yet doesn't appear to be.
Download: Rogero CEX 4.21 CFW v1.09 PS3 Custom Firmware / Rogero CEX 4.21 CFW v1.09 PS3 Custom Firmware / Rogero CEX 4.21 CFW v1.09 PS3 Custom Firmware / Rogero CEX 4.21 CFW v1.09 PS3 Custom Firmware
From his site: For details about Updating from CFW4.21 v1.00 to CFW4.21 v1.09 please read the Update Guide below
For details about Recovering from v1.00 Brick please check this thread: Brick-Recovery Procedure from CFW4.21 back to CFW3.55
Rogero v1.09 Details and Changes
- Compatibility problem with some Slim models (CECH-25xx) is now fully fixed.
- XMB Icons problem from in-game PS button is now fixed.
- Loading games from App_home Icon is now fixed.
- Many other fixes from version 1.00 for a better performance and added stability.
- It was tested by hundreds of testers on all PS3 models (FAT & Slim) and no problems were encountered.
- It can run games signed with Keys up to version 4.21 without any Eboot/Sprx patching needed
- Games can be loaded from Disc Icon (with Original game in BD) and from app_home (Disc-less, but not all games).
- Current 3.55 homebrew applications can't be loaded on this CFW, applications must be re-signed properly for FW4.21.
1- This CFW doesn't have LV1 checks disabled and can't be installed on Downgraded PS3 consoles unless you have Dehashed/Reset Syscon Properly (if you're not sure about your PS3, Dehash it anyway to avoid any risk) Link: Dehashing Tutorial (scroll down)
2- Always make a NOR/Nand dump using multiMAN or memdump before installing any CFW to have a recovery backup in case of any bricks. Having a valid NOR/Nand dump is an essential step before upgrading, because you will always have a way to recover (using hardware flashers) when you have a valid dump.
** A Hardware Flasher alone without a valid dump cannot fix your bricked PS3 **
3- The QA flag must be always Enabled on your PS3 for safer upgrading/downgrading operations. Link: toggle_qa.pkg
4- Always use the Recovery Menu while installing this CFW to avoid possible bricks (XMB update works, but Recovery Menu is safer).
6- Please Check the MD5 of the downloaded PUP file before installing any CFW to avoid possible bricks.
7- DO NOT HAVE DISC IN PS3 WHEN UPDATING FIRMWARES.. As the PS3 will take the UPDATE from the DISC First.
8- You need to already be on 3.55 to install this. Installing from any firmware other than 3.55 will simply not work
Downgrading back to 3.55 is always possible using the following steps:
- Download the 4.25 downgrader PUP: 4.25 Downgrader Size 176MB (184,595,263 bytes) MD5: 49d80e07fc1f5ca1b0840e02e94635db
- Rename the downloaded file to "PS3UPDAT.PUP" and put it on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP"
- While on Rogero CFW4.21, go to System Update from XMB and install the 4.25 downgrader CFW.
- Once installed, now put "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP" ---> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7.PUP
- Start the PS3 into Recovery Menu and install "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" (from Recovery Menu, this is important)
- Once the install is finished, you're now back on Rogero CFW3.55 v3.7 (from here it's better to dehash again before installing any other OFW/CFW 3.55)
Updating from CFW4.21 v1.00 to the CFW4.21 v1.09 should be done using the following steps:
1- Proper Way (CFW4.21 v1.00 --> CFW3.55 --> CFW4.21 v1.09)
- Downgrade back to ver3.55 using the guide above.
- Once on Rogero CEX3.55 v3.7 you can update again from Recovery Menu into the new CFW4.21 v1.09
2- Alternative Way (CFW4.21 v1.00 --> Recovery Menu --> CFW4.21 v1.09)
- You can try updating from CFW4.21 v1.00 to CFW4.21 v1.09 from Recovery Mode first.
- If it didn't work, then you'll have to use the first Proper Way (CFW4.21 v1.00 --> CFW3.55 --> CFW4.21 v1.09)
Credits to eussNL and the PS3 Dev Wiki for the valuable and always up-to-date source of information. Credits to Deank for his continuous efforts on Multiman and many other PS3 tools/fixes.
Size : 192 MB (201,329,483 bytes)
Note: Guys... after updating from CFW4.21 v1.00 to CFW4.21 v1.09 make sure to delete the GameData of any game that stopped to work now on v1.09 (due to the spoof 4.25 being removed, previous GameData should be deleted and reinstalled again so the game can load properly)
I've already tested the Rogero v1.09, NO BRICKS. I've tested it on the same 3 PS3s that had bricked on the v1.00 version before. Enjoy!
More PlayStation 3 News...
yes is working thanks Rogero all latest games working until now with all updates and PSN...
Does anyone know if you can update to Rogero 4.21 CFW from an Phat PS3 with 4.21 OFW ?
If not, is it something that can be worked around in the near future ?