I think those are the mM ones for use with Rogero, vs the Rogero CFW itself... it's early am, could be wrong though
Rogero CEX 4.30 v2.03 with PS3 XMB Install Package Files Included
Following up on his previous release, this weekend PlayStation 3 developer Rogero has updated his PS3 CEX 4.30 Custom Firmware (CFW) to version 2.03 which includes XMB Install Package Files and no more Downgrader.PUP needed.
Download: Rogero_CEX4.30_V2.03.PUP / Rogero_CEX4.30_V2.03.PUP (Mirror) / Rogero_CEX4.30_V2.03.PUP (Mirror #2) / Rogero_CEX4.30_V2.03.PUP (Mirror #3) / Rogero_CEX4.30_V2.03.PUP (Mirror #4) / Rogero_CEX4.30_V2.03.PUP (Mirror #5) / Rogero_CEX4.30_V2.03.PUP (Mirror #6) / Rogero_CEX4.30_V2.03.PUP (Mirror #7) / Rogero_CEX4.30_V2.03.PUP (Mirror #8) / Rogero_CEX4.30_V2.03.PUP (Mirror #9) / Rogero_CEX4.30_V2.03.PUP (Mirror #10) / Rogero_CEX4.30_V2.03.PUP (Mirror #11) / Rogero_CEX4.30_V2.03.PUP (Mirror #12) / Rogero_CEX4.30_V2.03.PUP (Mirror #13) / Rogero 4.30/3.55/DG & Condor Updater/InstallPKG/ToggleQA Pack / Rogero 4.30/3.55/DG & Condor Updater/InstallPKG/ToggleQA Pack (Mirror)
Size: 192 MB (201,591,424 bytes)
For all the users that are having the Singstar Icon on XMB, please know that this is a pure Original FW 4.30/4.31 feature and it seems it is only showing for Europe users when they connect the PS3 to the Internet.
Here's two links to the SingStar problem with OFW4.30 :
- Singstar Icon appeared after online update to FW 4.30
- Singstar Icon appeared after online update to FW 4.30
This CFW was tested on most PS3 Models by different testers and no problems were encountered. But as any CFW release you must install it with caution and by following proper instructions, No one will be held responsible for any damage caused.
This CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over any OFW3.55/CFW3.55/CFW4.21/CFW4.30. For details about Downgrading back to CFW/OFW3.55 Please read the Downgrade Guide below.
Rogero CFW4.30 v2.03 Details
- Rebuilt from scratch using OFW4.30 files only (no DEX/SEX files) with official XMB and full features working as in OFW4.30
- All known problems like XMB icons sorting and Demo Mode issues from previous versions are now gone with the use of the official XMB.
- New Improved "Install Package Files" Application added to XMB instead of using the traditional DEX Icon, to have a 100% original XMB.
- Once the PS3 is booted, select the [app_home/PS3_GAME] Icon and It will change automatically to [* Install Package Files]
- If you load a Game from multiMAN it will still be redirected and shown under the same [app_home/PS3_GAME] Icon
- After loading a Game, you can restart the PS3 again to have [* Install Package Files] back on XMB
- You can also Install the new stand-alone XMB application from Deank --> [* Install Package Files] to have it showing permanently on XMB.
- [* Install Package Files] function supports:
- up to 256 pkg files
- split pkg files
- queued PKG indication (in red)
- multipart (split) PKG indication (in yellow)
- copy/transfer progress
- Scanned locations: /dev_usb*** /dev_hdd0 /dev_bdvd in /PKG /packages and root folders
- Split files format: .0 - .63 / .66600 - .66663 / .001 - .064
- CFW Structure fixed to match the OFW 4.xx Structure:
- No more corrupted data error messages while Installing from XMB or Recovery Menu.
- The CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over any OFW3.55/CFW3.55/CFW4.21/CFW4.30.
- HDD can be swapped/changed and the CFW4.30 v2.03 will re-install without any problem.
- Patched LV1 to disable LV2 Protection.
- Patched LV1 to add peek/poke support to replace hvc 182/183 (multiMAN Direct Disc Access is now working fine with CFW4.30 v2.03)
- Patched LV1 to disable SYSTEM MANAGER INTEGRITY CHECK (to prevent Bricking on non-dehashed downgraded consoles)
- Patched LV1 Core OS Hash Check (to prevent Bricking on non-dehashed downgraded consoles)
- The CFW can be used directly for Downgrading with Hardware flashers /Flashing from FSM/Exiting from FSM, all works fine.
- Patched LV2 to add peek/poke support. (for both LV1 and LV2)
- Patched VSH to enable ReActPSN compatibility (Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files, Disable Unlinking/Deleting of act.dat)
- Spoofed the system version to latest OFW version 4.31.
- PSN/SEN access is available as long as the current "passphrase" still the same.
- Loading games from App_home Icon is now fixed.
- It can run games signed with Keys up to version 4.30 without any Eboot/Sprx patching needed
- Games can be loaded from Disc Icon (with Original game in BD) and from app_home (Disc-less, but not all games).
- Current 3.55 homebrew applications can't be loaded on this CFW, applications must be re-signed properly for FW4.21/4.30
As always, for the related guides including Updating from CFW3.55/4.21 to CFW4.30, Downgrading back to CFW/OFW3.55, and Recovering from a Brick please refer to the previous update.
More PlayStation 3 News...
thx any on try on downgraded console rogero 3.7 to 4.30 2.03? does it work?
Looks like the real deal now!
I have installed latest Rogero CFW from XMB. I was on Rogero 4.30 v2.00 it went just fine. Everything works great.
I went from 3.55 kmeaw > 3.55 ofw > 4.30 rogero > 3.55 rogero > 4.30 rogero
I'm on OFW 4.20, can i install this CFW 4.30 v2.03 ??
please Help !!
As you're on a OFW>3.55 you first have to downgrade to 3.55 with the help of a hardware flasher (e.g. E3).
So, I'm at CFW rogero 4.30 v1. I can install this new update via recovery menu just fine without the need to get back to 3.55? I'm not sure what XMB Update means, its directly from ps3 user interface->options-> update ?
This v2 is a sweet fix for all the little things that blighted his earlier releases. So far I'm really pleased.
Rebug 3.55.5 >> Rogero 4.30 Via update from Xmb. Qa was already set.