Following up on the previous release, today PlayStation 3 developer tpryor (aka haxxxen or ripl) made available an Unofficial Cobra / Rebug REX 4.46 v2 PS3 CFW build followed by Cobra / Rebug REX 4.46.3 (PSP Support Fixed) with details below.
Download: REBUG_4.46.1_REX_COBRA_PS3UPDAT.zip (201 MB) / REBUG_4.46.1_REX_COBRA_PS3UPDAT.rar (Mirror) / rex_cobra.zip (Changed source files for Rebug REX by tpryor) / REBUG_4.46.1_REX_COBRA_PS3UPDAT.zip
Cobra / Rebug REX 4.46.2 MD5 Hash: fdc5692a414ff27bb77614391d4e6635
Cobra / Rebug REX 4.46.3 MD5 Hash: e16f2dca53d6bbe3e0e5cc56974db87e
To quote: As promised on hax, the new update to unofficial rex cobra. This is just a minor improvement to the already posted one, which now works with both different xmb versions, debug or retail xmb.
So no matter which mode or xmb you choose, cobra patches will work (psp isos do not work with rebug). It has now two stage2 files, cause i wasn't able to make it fully working with a single stage2. (it seemed on first view to work, but it was only the spoofer and all other functions were screwed)
Though, still no cobra functions with dex targetID/lv2kernel, cause i had problems with it and haven't looked into it anymore.
This should be tested with flashers on nand PS3's first, cause i only have a nor cechl where it was tested. But tbh, i am confident that it will not do any harm, just like the first one.
Unofficial COBRA - REBUG REX 4.46 CFW v2
Unofficial Additions: (by tpryor)
- FIXED (v2): Cobra patches works on both Debug & Retail XMB.
- NEW FEATURE (v1): - COBRA 7 Ported
REBUG REX 4.46 Features
- FEATURE - Dual LV2 Kernels CEX/DEX (Swap your EID0/LV2 kernel using Rebug Toolbox in seconds)
- FEATURE - ALL Retail functions available in CEX mode (No need to install different firmware)
- FEATURE - ALL Debug functions available in DEX mode (No need to install different firmware)
- FEATURE - ProDG Connectivity in DEX mode
- FEATURE- QA Token compatibility
- FEATURE - OtherOS++ support enabled (Use Rebug Toolbox to Boot OtherOS with different LV1 patches)
- FEATURE - Package Manager (Replacement for the standard ‘Install Package Files’ option)
- INCLUDED - Rebug Toolbox 02.xx.xx (Install included Rebug Toolbox or higher for full compatibility)
- PATCHED - LV1: Disable System Integrity Check (Safe to use with mismatched COREOS/SYSCON versions or if PS3 is not QA enabled)
- PATCHED - LV1: Undocumented function 114 (Allow mapping of protected memory)
- PATCHED - LV1: Skip all ACL Checks (Needed to allow booting of OtherOS)
- PATCHED - LV1: Peek and Poke support (Unused LV1 call 182 and 183)
- PATCHED - LV2: Peek and Poke support (LV2 Syscall 6 and 7)
- PATCHED - LV2: Peek and Poke support for LV1 (LV2 Syscall 8 and 9)
- PATCHED - LV2: LV1 CALL System call (LV2 Syscall 10)
- PATCHED - VSH: Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files
- PATCHED - VSH: Disable Unlinking/Deleting of act.dat
- FUN FEATURE – Fake Save Data Owner (Use Game Saves from ANY Owner)
- FUN FEATURE – Lock/Unlock Trophies
- FUN FEATURE – Cinavia protection disabled
Finally, from pauline45: To bring you up to date with Unofficial Cobra/Rebug Rex 4.46 v2 CFW i have installed this firmware in these slim PS3s below:
- CECH-2001A - 120GB SLIM - WORKING
- CECH-2003A - 12OGB SLIM - WORKING
- CECH-2102A - 120GB SLIM - WORKING
- CECH-2501A - 250GB SLIM - WORKING
- CECH 2503A - 320GB SLIM - WORKING
- CECH 2504B - 320GB SLIM - WORKING
NOR PS3 SLIMS MODELS
Unofficial Cobra/Rebug Rex 4.46 v2 CFW install in phat PS3s
NOR PS3 PHATS MODELS
- CECHH phat - WORKING
- CECHK phat - WORKING
- CECHM phat - WORKING
- CECHP phat - WORKING
- CECHQ phat - WORKING
- CECHJ phat - WORKING
Unofficial Cobra/Rebug Rex 4.46 v2 CFW
NAND PS3 PHAT MODELS
- CECHA phat - WORKING
- CECHB phat - WORKING
- CECHE phat - WORKING
- CECHC phat - WORKING
The firmware loaded in fine on recovery and xmb no bricking issues on any of these model PS3s.
Unofficial COBRA - REBUG REX 4.46 CFW v3
From toto67 (via PSXTools.de): I could make some tests and can confirm these cobra7 functions are working on my cecha12:
- RedRibbon Linux via Toolbox
- PSP ISOs via WebMAN/PSP Remaster
- PS2 & PS3 ISOs via webMAN/multiMAN
- PSX ISOS via IrisMAN 3.23+ (multiMAN doesn't work)
if psx iso is quit by pressing ps button ps3 gives blackscreen + filesystem recovery at next start
For my cecha12 it seems a good solution as i get complete rebug & full cobra features so i do not need rogero 4.46 cobra anymore. BIG THANX to tpryor aka haxxen alias ripl !!!
More PlayStation 3 News...