This is the tutorial I used...
How to re-activate all PSN games (incl.PSOne classic/DLC/MINI) + NOOB-PROOF TUTORIAL:
Now, I have read multiple reports on how it bricked some PS3s on other forums and such. By reading the readme, it looks super complicated but I've managed to get it working and made for you all a noob-proof guide, easy to follow so you reactivate all your PSN games in 5 good minutes. Are you ready? Alright let's get it on.
There have been reports of red screens of this but they are errors with vsh.elf and reinstalling CFW through the recovery menu fixes. I recommend using REBUG 3.55.2 as there are no issues with this CFW.
YOUR USB DRIVE MUST BE FROM THE RIGHT SLOT (NOT LEFT)
AND ANY USB MUST BE UNPLUGGED. Only USB DRIVE FROM THE RIGHT.
First of all, download those 2 files.
Download: reActPSN v2.0
Download: vsh.self Patched
- Extract vsh.elf and use the one designated for your CFW or patch your own vsh.elf for your CFW. Once Again I recommend using REBUG for this so use the 3 files in 3.55.2.
NOTE: If you have any other CFW other than the one provided, or your OWN CFW than you've got to patch your CFW.
- Now, for the REBUG users, you've got to put your console into NORMAL mode first. Now, go download the latest REBUG SELECTOR if you haven't already. Open your console, go to REBUG SELECTOR, change your console to MODE: NORMAL - XMB: DEBUG. After, restart your console.
- Now connect your usb drive on the far right slot either usb_000 or usb_001.
- Next open exdata.rar -> exdata,
Extract that one exdata folder into whatever USB Stick or HDD you use on your console. (so it looks like exdata/files and NOT exdata/psn146/exdata)
- Now extract ReActPSN2.0.pkg and install onto your ps3.
- Use MULTIMAN to write vsh.elf to dev_blind via file manager. You will need to enable write acces to /dev_flash at the bottom in settings.
- Once enabled go to /dev_blind/vsh/module and copy over the 3 vsh.elf files
- After done copy return to settings and disable write access to dev_flash. (overwrite)
- Restart the console.
- Run ReActPSN and hold R1 during the restart process should only take about 5 seconds. (Holding R1 will make a ReActPSN folder on the base of your usb drive with 2 folders in it "BK0001" and "pubPSN")
- The BK0001 folder contains a backup of all the users on the system. The pubPSN folder contains all of the .rif and act.dat on the system converted into .rap/.edat format. The pubPSN folder is the one we are wanting.
- Copy the exdata folder in pubPSN to the base of your USB drive. So it should looks like this in a File browser/manager "usb drive"/exdata/".rap files"
- Make a new user, name it ''aa'' (without quotations)
- Run ReActPSN again *do not push anything this time (it will rename user "aa" to reActPSN v2.0 xrif xedat )
- When it's done (won't take long) it'll restart your console.
- You'll notice aa has been renamed to something longer.
- That's it. You are DONE
- If you want to add more content to the account at a later time just add the .rap files to the exdata folder you copied earlier rename the user back to "aa" and run reActPSN again. Then just install the content you are wanting to add.
NOTE: You need your act.dat tied to the .rif to create valid .rap.
Tested with FF7, Crash Bandicoot Racing, Final Fantasy Tactics
CREDIT: Anonymous (who I appreciate a lot) who helped me get it working, Hotz8611 (for the everything, from tools to exploit - all credits goes to him really.), thxalot (for giving more detailed explanation for the post)