Thread: PS3 on Kmeaw CFW and updated
03-25-2011 #1TwistedAx Guest
PS3 on Kmeaw CFW and updated
Hello, New to this forum. I couldn't find a direct answer to what I've been looking for on the forums, I apologize if it's been asked before. I am NOT asking for cfw 3.56 or 3.60, i know there is not one released yet.
I was on CFW 3.55 kmeaw, and my little brother decided on his own that it was alright for him to update my system to watch Netflix, because all updates fix stuff, right?
Anyway, Yeah... I've been looking to find out if i should just keep my PS3 on 3.56 or just update to 3.60?
Would much appreciate the reply, thanks.
03-25-2011 #2huntermc Guest
I would advise against it until either a new downgrader or CFW comes out. What if one comes out for 3.56 but doesn't work with 3.6 yet?
03-25-2011 #3TwistedAx Guest
Hmm, that is true, but the reason no ones been working on a 3.56 from what i understand, is just cause 3.56 is 3.55 with the new "security" put in place.
Just wanting to make sure i don't mess somethin up more then already it is... So thanks for the reply, I'll just wait for 3.60 cfw to be released or for whatever happens.
FU SONY.. want my OtherOS back... ><;
And yes, I DID use OtherOS when they disabled it. It is my main reason for wanting CFW.. well that and now emulators (SNES, Sega, etc)
03-27-2011 #4slifer1231 Guest
you might as well update to 3.60 because sony revoked the lv2diag.self file used for downgrading in 3.56 and they have a new file that hasnt been leaked yet and i doubt there will be a downgrade from 3.56 and with 3.60 they bypassed all the loaders and have a new way of checking if a program is offical which hasn't been figured out yet.
03-28-2011 #5SinnerShanky Guest
i'd suggest you update to 3.6 as you will have psn access until you put up a cfw... Also as the 3.6 has a high level of security unlike the other previous firmwares, the hackers are working on 3.6 rather than working on 3.56... the same way as they were working on 3.55 when 3.41 was jailbroken.
No one cared about 3.50 until a downgrader was released and still 3.50 remains nonjailbroken....the same will happen to 3.56...a 3.6 cfw is highly imminent and a 3.56 cfw is highly unlikely... so for the bottom line i'd suggest you update to 3.6 while the end decision remains in your hands...
05-08-2011 #6H4rdWear Guest
Not that it matters but sony logs have been mentioning 3.65 and 3.71 OFW we may get another skip or two before we actually see CFW... I wouldn't hold your breath for 3.60 CFW...
05-08-2011 #7HeyManHRU Guest
Update to 3.60 and keep on updating your FW it won't make a difference. But don't forget to check back before updating your FW in case something new comes out like 3.71 CFW.
05-08-2011 #8adrianc1982 Guest
At the point you are I would update too 3.60 to and play some of those new games like portal 2 and soon LA noire. Also having access to the psn meanwhile can get you some extra replay value of your old games while waiting. And if you are really desperate just go out and buy a new ps3 and sell the old one, or keep a backup for JB and one for OFW. Ive been trying to convince my gf-soon-to-be-wife to let me get another one but bills are first...
Also who knows how long before we see the next CFW it could be 2 - 3 months away, maybe more. Imagine getting an OFW emulator for JB PS3s to play new games or a modified 3.60 FW that can only be installed on JB PS3s. Think about it, it could take a while to get a JB for new FWs and Jailbroken PS3s can maybe update but not original ps3s that would get you out of the game for a long time. So think about getting another ps3.
05-10-2011 #9chrykel Guest
i feel your pain! my bro in law updated my pwnd ps3 last week!... i got 2 ps3's so imma sell one and buy a new 3.55 ps3.