11-15-2012 #221sohail579 Guest
OK I have been reading alot and this firmware interests me a lot as i'm currently on 3.55 Kmeaw from a couple of years ago my PS3 has never been on a higher firmware (thats OFW or CFW) i have a few doubts though.
1. i only use cfw to play games.. so is it worth me upgrading to this?
2. whats this QA i keep hearing about?
3. also what is it about backing my NAND up?
thanks for any help
11-16-2012 #2220x00 Guest
not to be skeptical, but has anyone actually unpacked the PUP and checked the MD5's with rogero's cfw?
11-16-2012 #223mooze Guest
Rogero has broken lv0 chain which causes semibrick after hdd format.
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
PS3 ErmaC 4.30 CFW v1.4 is Released, 3D TV Bug Fixed and More
Following version 1.3, PlayStation 3 developer HDMadness returns this weekend with PS3 ErmaC 4.30 CFW v1.4 which fixes a bug on some 3D TVs and more as detailed below!
Download: ErmaC 4.30 CFW 1.4.rar / ErmaC 4.30 CFW 1.4.rar (Mirror) / ErmaC 4.30 CFW 1.4.rar (Mirror #2)
PUP MD5: F54D03ED118C91FCC9AADFB8B3A029CA
Changes from the included Release Notes:
ErmaC 4.30 CFW v1.4
- More Stable than any other 4.30 CFW out there (Tested with numerous PS3, slim and phat models)
- Can run games with the latest updates signed with Keys up to 4.30 without any patching needed
- PSN enabled
- Cinavia protection disabled
- No Demo Mode/kiosk fw messages when using you PS3*
- XMB fully optimized with fast access in-game or not so you can have the best
performance with your console
Changes since 1.3:
- Another round of small bug fixes, including the bug that was detected with some 3D TVs
that were not recognized as such when using cfw 4.30
- A few more cosmetic changes
*If you still want to use PSHome please install 'PSHome_ErmaC_4.30_CFW.pkg' included in the package
#This CFW will not brick your PS3 System or Harddrive if you install it properly. Use it with caution, the author of this CFW will not be held responsible for any damage that may be caused to your system.
You need to be on 3.55 ofw or cfw to install ErmaC CFW. Please downgrade using the proper procedures (999 downgrader from Rebug team is the best option) and after downgrading please install and run 'toggle_qa.pkg' on your PS3 before upgrading again to the new version.
Use exactly the same precautions on upgrading/downgrading used on other CFWs to avoid any complication. Enjoy!
#Thanks to PS3News.com for their continued support.
More PlayStation 3 News...
11-18-2012 #225runtimmy Guest
link not working to download
11-18-2012 #226jarvis Guest
Any other links besides 4shared (which doesn't appear to let you download unless you sign up)?
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
I added a mirror now for it
11-18-2012 #228runtimmy Guest
thanks very much
11-18-2012 #229iavais Guest
advice needed. Should i use this or rogero ?
11-18-2012 #230pedro800 Guest
it looks promising, but you should have a knowledge about the firmware you want to be installed