Today an anonymous author has released an Easy Spoof TCL Mod 6.66 to 9.90 for use with PS3 MFW Builder and also a PS3 Advanced Mode Patch for PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware users on Rebug PS3 CFW v3.55.1 followed by a PS3 Firmware v3.66 Spoof Plug-In for MFW Builder via French site PS3-Addict.
Download: PS3 Easy Spoof TCL Mod 6.66 to 9.90 / PS3 Easy Spoof TCL Mod 6.66 to 9.90 (Fixed) / PS3 Advanced Mode Patch for Rebug CFW / PS3 Firmware v3.66 Spoof Plug-In for MFW Builder
Those using the PS3 Easy Spoof TCL Mod 6.66 to 9.90 should be aware that it will only spoof the PS3 Firmware version number, meaning while it will prevent the PS3 from updating it won't allow PSN access or running newer PlayStation 3 titles and the risk of not being able to downgrade or update your console again is always present when using such applications.
Shortly following, PS3 hacker Cyberskunk shared a fixed version (above) adding the following: The first version was buggy, and did not run correctly. Our thanks to unknown for quickly fixing the problem!
Easy Spoof version to apply into a new CFW based on OFW for PS3mfw builder.
- Included spoof version; 3.15 to 3.65 and 6.66/9.90 if you need it.
- Fixed: Sorry for the inconvenience, I forgot to edit another name from the command line, lol, ... now work!
Advanced Mode = 2 x Debug Menu 2, No Debug Menu 1, No NORMAL Mode (Forces you to use Recovery Mode to install any other OFW/CFW).
Finally, the PS3 Advanced Mode Patch enables a Debug menu similar to the QA Flag one for PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware users with features detailed below, to quote:
BSPatch to apply on Untouched Original CFW REBUG 3.55.1 which enables advanced mode
- Debug Settings: MENU 2 (DEX)
- Fixed black screens in game boot, including originals BD games from Official CFW Version
- New user icons
- HeavyRain theme installed
- NO LV1 patch’s for OtherOS++ support because this cause Trophy errors
- Spoof Version 3.61 from dev_blind package
- (and more, hint hint)
More PlayStation 3 News...