This is a guide for all newbs who doesn't know about CFW's and MFW's
1. CFW/OFW/MFW: CFW = Custom Firmware is a customized OFW = Official Firmware for ps3. It means that Sony makes a new OFW and someone customizes it and releases it (EXAMPLE) : Rogeros 4.30/4.31 DEX Firmware/SGK Team 4.31.1
2. How to jailbreak: You CANT jailbreak if you are above 3.55 firmware... Its impossible because Lv1-3 keys are classified in firmwares above 3.55.
3. Getting to 3.55 Firmware: If you are on (example) 4.25 OFW (Works with other OFW's) You can get a e3 flasher or Teensy (There are many many more downgrade softwares so search them) BUT if you have e3 for example you need to open your ps3 and take out a lot of stuff (NAND=Soldering/NOR=Clip) so I recommend a 3.55 Ps3 or you use some service to downgrade it.
4. Different CFW's: Well there is a lot of them but the most common ones are: Rogero DEX/CEX / Team Rebugs CFW / ErmaC / Team SGK 126.96.36.199
5. There is hope! If you have patience you can wait until someone cracks the LV keys!
6. Please give me feedback! And tell me if i'm wrong at something!