There's a new version, CFW 4.55 v2.00, which, according to the dev (openmodding.net/Thread-Working-CFW-4-55-FERROX-2-00), has no more imperfections.
Ferrox Release 2.00 Changelog:
- Custom Firmware completely rewritten from scratch.
- Fixed completely all the errors of the previous releases.
your cfw brick my ps3 , you must test the cfw on your console with video to explain !!!
First off I never jb my ps3, so I may not know what I am talking about.
Ferrox seams like the only legit jb for my ps3 slim, the problem is there are no instructions on how to download it and get it set up on the ps3. I tried downloading the file and transferring it to my ps3 with the folders labled PS3 and UPDATE but with no success. Could someone help me jb my ps3. Thanks
functions on a ps3 cech 2511a?
hi, i have a ps3 slim ver. 4.55, i was wondering if anyone can guide me through the process of jailbreaking it with Ferrox 2.00?
Thanks i forgot about that
PS3 CFW 4.60 Ferrox v1.00 BD Edition Custom Firmware by Alexander
Following up on his previous updates, today Italian PlayStation 3 developer Alexander has released PS3 CFW 4.60 Ferrox v1.00 BD Edition Custom Firmware with the changes outlined below.
Download: CEXFERROX460_100.PUP (195.2MB - MD5: 5F65A07BEAA6733BE202479C47DB248D)
To quote, roughly translated: CFW 4.60 FERROX BD EDITION 1.00 By Alexander!
After the release of OFW 4.60, Alexander releases CFW 4.60 FERROX to version 1.00. This is the version BD EDITION, then be installed on the console with BD DRIVE functioning. In the coming days Verrano released the BD EDITION NO and Version DualBoot. Below is more details.
- Built on an OFW 4.60
- Disabled the coreOs and control ECDSA
- LV1: patched to remove the protection LV2
- LV1: patched coreOs Hash Check (prevents the brick consoles downgradate not dehashed)
- LV1: Peek & Poke
- LV2: Peek & Poke
- Compatibility PS2 Games
- Compatibility PSP Games Remastered
- Compatibility Games PSP Minis
- Key 4.60 (start games with keys 4.xx EBOOT / sprx)
- PSN / SEN Enabled.
- RSOD Screen Bypass for consoles suffering from RSOD
- PS3 BT Remote Patch
- PS3 BluRay DISC patch
- Compatibility with the latest version of the REACTPSN
- App_home/PS3_GAME *
- Install Package Files *
- Ability to Downgrade from OFW 3:55 with QA enabled.
- Upgradeable from any CFW's
- Support InGame XMB ScreenShot Feature
- Supports Remote Play Feature
- Stability as nell'OFW 4.60
- Ability to downgrade from any custom firmware with QA enabled.
Report the error 80010017 when starting the Backup Originals. This, however, should not compromise the start of the new Babkup Bootable Backup Manager updated with the payload 4.60. We will try to resolve as soon as possible, just figured out where the problem lies.
- CECH 2004A - Via XMB with System Update Debug ON - From 4:55 HABIB CFW / COBRA without SPOOF.
- CECHG04 - Tested and Working.
The FW is very similar to the 4.55 then there have been no tests on all models of the PS3. I did the test on my console and it was fine, clean installation, and all Feature running. However do yourself a backup of the NOR and NAND, for safety.
Unfortunately there are still Backup Manager updated, so you'll have to wait a little. Thank you to all the users that support us and help us. Also thanks to all the staff.
More PlayStation 3 News...