Similar to Brink for PS3, LA Noire now has a retail update patch v1.01 built with Sony's 3.5 SDK that allows users to run the PlayStation 3 game on PS3 Custom Firmware including Kmeaw and Rebug CFW via MultiMAN.Sponsored Links
Download: LA Noire (BLES-00933) PS3 Patch Update / LA Noire (BLES-00933) PS3 Patch Update (Mirror) / LA Noire (BLES-00933) PS3 Patch Update (Mirror #2) / LA Noire (BLES-00933) PS3 Patch Update (Mirror #3) / LA Noire (BLES-00933) PS3 Patch Update (Mirror #4) / LA Noire (BLES-00933) PS3 Patch Update (Mirror #5) / L.A. Noire PKG FIX 3.41 EUR+USA by zhuge
Finally, some notes on getting the title to run on PS3 Custom Firmware are below, as follows:
The patch was designed for the EUR version of the game. Use the param.sfo to change the USA version before installing the patch.
- Change the PARAM.sfo of LA Noire to BLES00933 instead of that orginal BLUS.
- Change the PARAM.sfo of LA Noire required fw to 3.55 (or let MM do it).
- Save the file.
- Overwrite the original param.sfo with the one provided.
- Install the pkg update patch.
- Run LA Noire on multiman! Then play the game.
- Tested on 3.55 Kmeaw's from internal, the game can be started discless.
Note: If your PS3 controller isn't working after you get to play, exit game and run it without sel+x on multiman. Select+x is only needed for it to install. Now your controller should work.
More PlayStation 3 News...