Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Page 2 of 2 First 12
    immunoman33 Guest
    I've run through everything that the instructions could possibly imply. this isn't working for me. I have booted to recovery mode, update ps3, i put the usb drive with the mfw in the far right usb drive but it keeps coming up with error "no applicable data was found". i am not using the lv2 file 1 dgf though. should i be?

Shadowed Guest
    I have recently acquired a kiosk PS3. It is a 40gb model, and is demo version 3.01. From what i understood, being lower than 3.55 this should be a working method. (Along with the poster saying that they're 3.01 console worked)

I am trying to use this method to switch it over to retail, however, when i boot to recovery, and choose system update. It does not locate the update file on the flash drive i have in the system. I have tried both the left and right usb ports.

When i download the file, it does not end in the file extension ".pup" as i saw at some point within this thread, it instead has the extension ".7z". (reads exactly PS3MFW-KIOSK355.7z on the flash drive) Not sure if this is part of the problem?

If anyone has any info or can lend a hand i would appreciate it quite a bit.

Thanks in advance!

JeffVader Guest
    Shadowed, download 7zip, unzip the file, place it on flash on the correct folder (/PS3/UPDATE/) and you should be good to go. File should be named PS3UPDAT.PUP.

Shadowed Guest
    Yes, thank you. I was sitting here frustrated when i remember "hey, 7z is a zipped up file extension, duuuuh". I have the update running now.

Just as a bit of a curiosity, with using this, would i be able to then connect to PSN and update to the latest version if i was so inclined to run netflix on the console? Or will the console roll back to a demo version/ get the console banned from PSN?

Page 2 of 2 First 12