Following up on the recent video footage, today Spanish PlayStation 3 CFW developers DemonHades and JaicraB have shared a status update and pics on the upcoming JFW DH PS3 Custom Firmware.
Download: Base PS3 FW Instructions (PDF) / MinVerChk Minimum PS3 Version Check Tool for PS3 / OpenPStore SVN
To quote, roughly translated:
Percentage Level of Development
- Central-Core - 100%
- Cobra-Payload - 60%
- Linux - 95%
- Preloader - 90%
- XMB Categories - 95%
- Thegra Manager - 25%
- Thegra - 100%
- Services Packs - 0%
- OpenPStore - 50%
New categories such as Multimedia, PS3 Loader, Thegra, Homebrew, Emulators, manager set aside the typical native application. Photos, Music, Videos, TV, disappear to make way for Multimedia.
This new category gives rise to a union of native options like photo, music and video. This new category will appear the famous player Showtime, which already includes the possibility of a single application in many more options than what they offered us the categories natively native officers.
- Reproduction native (the PS3 system) MUSIC, PHOTOS and VIDEO, DVD, BD, photo gallery and soon Cdaudio the VidZone, memories and play qriocity
- Listen to music
- Being able to see videos like avi, mpeg, xvid, divx, MKV including
- View photos
- Demand movies
This new category was born to take charge from now manage the contents of the old Sony consoles, this means that both PS1/PS2/Minis Games and the saves these become part of this new category, freeing imnecesarios to GAME icon.
It is also where you store the backups RetroLoader (aka modified cobrausb backup manager) responsible for managing the games PS1, PS2 and PS3
Thegra - the new star category and plugins
This new category includes the plugins manager, service packs. Thegra is the name of the loader plugins, these plugins will give the console first choices, which the imagination of every developer could unleash the potential of this charger.
- Return of the online (running)
- Update of keys (working)
- Spoof Version
- Disable devices
- Mounted units, several readers virtual
- Plugins level conbinacion buttons on the six
- Modification speedfun speed
- Multiloader (operating)
- Dumper full-ram (running)
- PSN-games license generator (operating)
- Hacked signature verification token QA (running)
- PSN access sysversion check "no spoof nor certs" (running)
- Check-patching the original disks (operating)
- Activation of the 8th SPU
This new category will be responsible for having ordered all the old console emulators.
This new category includes all homebrew created to date, for it will have access to from where you can download OpenPStore the last hombrews etc. to be placed automatically at their place of origin and not as the previous game.
This category will see that we can easily able to manage the game saves, pkgs, ftp, etc.
Cobra JFW Payload Plugin
- DH and has advanced the issue.
New Item Linux
The JFW DH was gonna be no less, that includes 2 options to use Linux back in the console, in this regard are:
JFW Preloader - The recovery of DH includes a preloader that is responsible for:
- Back of the 3 RAW Flash to external media (USB)
- Flashing copies from an external drive (USB).
- Update the Preloader
- Home of the flash write access (not necessarily more alejandro or substitutes)
The advantages are not required reinstalling all the PUP (from hardware checks) do not need to do: composite or go through the recovery.
Services include basic Packs to use plugins, loaders, ftp, etc.
Compatibility with Games and Applications
- Using a DH-JFW 341v2 core, this does not mean not being able to play all over now without patching.
- The DH-JFW is compatible with games that include between 3.56 down, including the current patched to 3.55
- DH-JFW runs natively games until 3.56 (original disks) without having to upgrade.
- PSN games that require NPDRM 356, are also supported without upgrading (the current CFW not give this support)
- No need for a valid signature on the executable (including loaders and other files)
- Not going to make a port to 3.55 of this JFW DH, since it includes much more than himself 3.55
- Support for peripherals is not licensed by sony in that medium 355 is eliminated leaving them unused
- The only custom firmware can take the keys with a dual NAND 3.6x (programmer) such as PNM and that allows the custom appldr redirect to another area of the ram and so does not remove the old
- Theme DHorg exclusive community that will change randomly each time the console or ignite the user cambieis
- More surprises
Tutorial created by DeathHades: http://www.demonhades.org/foro/viewt...p?t=4856&f=297
This tutorial will teach you to how to know the base firmware of your PS3 with a few steps and images.
The things you need are:
- A PS3.
- MinVerChk (by Ifcaro / tito1)
1 - Copy MinVerChk to a USB Drive, like it is a System Software Update.
2 - Plug the USB Drive into the PS3.
3 - Install the update from XMB. The update will fail and display the Firmware Base.
Finally, below is a list of PS3 models (for fat and slim) and their base firmware courtesy of tito1:
Base Firmware for fat PS3 model:
- 40GB CECHG04 - Fat OFW 1.90 (Max. Downgrade)
- 40GB CECHG04 - Fat OFW 1.90 (Max. Downgrade)
- 60GB CECHC04 - Fat OFW 1.0 (Max. Downgrade)
- 60GB CECHC04 - Fat OFW 1.1 (Max. Downgrade)
- 80GB CECHK04 - Fat OFW 2.16 (Max. Downgrade)
- CHECHE11 80GB - Fat OFW 2.40 (Max. Downgrade)
- Fat DECR1400A - FWD 2.60 (Max. Downgrade)
- 80GB CECHE01 - Fat OFW 1.00 (Max. Downgrade)
- 160 GB CECHP04 - Fat OFW 2.45 (Max. Downgrade)
Base Firmware for slim PS3 model:
- 120Gb SLIM OFW CECH2004A - 2.70 (Max.Downgrade)
- 120GB SLIM OFW CECH2001A - 2.70 (Max.Downgrade)
- 250GB SLIM OFW CECH2004B - 2.70 (Max.Downgrade)
- 320GB SLIM OFW CECH2504B - 3.40 (Max.Downgrade)
More PlayStation 3 News...