Iris Manager v2.0 PS3 Backup Game Manager By Estwald is Released
Following up on his previous update, today Spanish PlayStation 3 developer Estwald (aka Hermes) has updated the PS3 backup game manager known as Iris Manager to version 2.0 followed by v2.01 with the changes outlined below.
Download: Iris Manager v2.0 / v2.01 for v4.XX PS3 CFW / Iris Manager v2.0 for v4.XX PS3 CFW / Iris Manager v2.0 for v4.XX PS3 CFW (Mirror #2) / Iris Manager v2.0 for v4.XX PS3 CFW (Mirror #3) / Iris Manager v2.01 for v4.XX PS3 CFW / Iris Manager v2.01 for v4.XX PS3 CFW (Mirror) / Iris Manager Wiki / Iris Manager / Home Launcher / PSDK3 v2 GIT
To quote, roughly translated: Well, given that D_Skywalk is "low" paternity and asked me to open a new thread, to update it, that I do, taking advantage we have new version My GIT sources and personal with all the necessary.
Iris Manager v2.0 What's new:
- Ported entire project to PSL1GHT v2 (hence the version jump)
- Added languages within Iris Manager: press START, go to Tools and in the second option you will see "Pitinglis". Well, give with X until "talk" Christian [+ laughs]
- There is an option "Custom (from file)" to add other languages, such as Catalan or other individuals of our land. I have not included in because all people will begin to ask their language, and I can not deal with all that when I add new stuff!. Still, if you send me the translations for me to include them in and so that other people can use them, especially
- Now is not verified the file language.ini version. That is, if the language has the required entry that Iris need, It will be taken if not, ignore it and use the one with default (this should have done so long ago [+ laughs])
- Fixed the problem that the FTP files are not truncated.
- Fixed the problem that Iris gave error opening more than two files in asynchronous transfers. Fixed the problem of directory and file permissions to delete.
- Added a new option in "Tools" for those who have broken the blu-ray drive, that you can launch PSX games in ISO and ignore, if possible, all that goes into BDVD and makes the mounting that Miralatijera asked me to launch the games from APP_HOME (basically the same as it was to mount on hdd0 over BDVD using the option BD Emu, but now it is always enabled and mounted in /dev_usb00x on /dev_bdvd). For now is all experimental, so be patient until Miralatijera give qith the key, now It will be more easier than I provide software support and provided tools and sources to compile
- This will not like Miralatijera [+ laughs]: to launch PSX, removes "discotheque" or "semaphore". This is so, because in PSX must observe the green LED when changing discs. In all other ways, I respect it [haha]
Iris Manager v2.01 What's new:
- Added Norwegian as a language and a conversion routine utf8_ansi language strings.
- Added UTF8 to Ansi conversion chains in language (this is important because any code above 128, became ill)
More PlayStation 3 News...
Still waiting for the update to the layout from 4x2 to 8x3.
Anyone know where to ask for features to be added?
Iris Manager v2.11 PS3 Backup Game Manager By Estwald is Released
Following up on his previous revision, this weekend PlayStation 3 developer Estwald has updated the PS3 backup game manager known as Iris Manager to version 2.11 with the changes detailed below.
Download: Iris Manager v2.11 for v4.XX PS3 CFW / Iris Manager v2.11 for v4.XX PS3 CFW (Mirror) / Updated PT-BR Language.ini by LoboGuara / Persian Language.ini by Nicolas19 / German Language.ini / German Language.ini v2 by haxxxen / GIT
To quote, roughly translated:
- Fixed problem with usleep in PSX emulator
- Fixed problems with truncated UTF8 strings
- Fixed a problem when exiting the application after using the keyboard osk (?)
- Install IrisManager pgk
- Create a folder named PSXGAMES on the root of your internal HDD or External USB device
- Inside the PSXGAMES folder, create a folder with your game name and put the game ISO / BIN / IMG inside
Note: For PS3 games, rename the folder GAMES to GAMEZ on your external HDD device.
Finally, on the subject of PS3 scene DRM-infected dongle sell-out deank, Spanish PS3 homebrew developer Hermes / Estwald has stated the following, roughly translated (via elotrolado.net/hilo_aplicacion-iris-manager-v2-11_1862716_s230#p1731707893 and elotrolado.net/hilo_aplicacion-iris-manager-v2-11_1862716_s250#p1731719418):
Concerning Mr. Deank,
1) The syscall 8 I first added it. If a man goes and gets her routines, when a bunch of syscalls free and also could unify all these routines in a single syscall (as the 8, I repeat, SHOULD HAVE THE RESPECTED), the blame for what pass course, is.
If they pass the syscall 8 liner, why do I have to respect what makes another who has not respected space syscall 8?. The fault lies with them.
2) The syscall 8 LV1 occupy a peek at these firmwares, but nobody told me: I had to discover on my own, for I repeat, everyone here hides the letters, except me, that all that public I am not for nonsense. Easily could restore it, indeed, could camouflage the syscall to act of LV1 peek and syscall 8, but I get the balls
3) Being a LV1 Peek is safe to call that part, of course, but the culprit is who used it without thinking that it had a use. Incidentally, Deank, if you use the 10, son, that's LV1 Call on those firmwares!!
4) As you can see, I got a check that calls restart if it detects a payload that is not what it should be: what else I can do.
5) The PSX payload check the clearance before proceeding to install: if it is not installed. Now if someone puts something in that part and not even bother to tell me to find a solution ... then do not complain: I do not tell anyone the firmware that must be installed, and I say if using Iris Manager do poorly.
6) It is true that I have spoken usleep (did I have hidden?) But Deank has a funny way of saying things he knows or should have seen, in the code, which I intend to pass all except usleeps those associated with EBUSY loop, which allow only 1 ms and only affect the emulator.
Unfortunately and as one is human and to program in assembler is complicated, wrong comparison and actually did the opposite: I think it is not necessary to mount a circus to tell someone who has made a mistake somewhere (is it good to make public the sources that if you mess up and you see a bug, anyone can see for yourself).
7) If you use the syscall is because it is a much better way to go patching programs and more interesting for any self-respecting dev. At first I thought they were reading multiple sector by some problems I had, but then I saw that it was not really well (in fact, there was a bug that prevented the routine could read several sectors XD and I remember that I mentioned in the thread).
If you've got code for that routine can read various sectors, that should be so, although I have not tested if it really works well there a problem with that?. In fact, many of these routines could be used for other things and the code that I do not end result if not you can always improve and others can intervene, because this is an open source project that has, unlike other.
Anyway, Deank should know that certain games require more data than the supply. I am not perfect and I can make mistakes like everyone else, but if that smart is Deank based on what makes my job so much seems to criticize?.
Reminds me of the nonsense they let someone else at the time that I will not mention, who does not move past water mill.
By the way, everything I post is only partially tested by me: there should be no need to put the word BETA so that it is a BETA knew that in the end, add the word, just sounded cheap excuse for when something has failed: I do not need to hide my mistakes, that I have, like everyone else. Regards.
Good, was preparing a very long answer and in the end, I deleted. I'll just say two things:
1) The thin rope that ties me to the PS3 scene, is about to break. There is something to be surprising because as I said, Estwald and Hermes can be the same person, but not the same character and Hermes was already sick of many things. When you shake hands and begin to take the foot and when to say no to these "suggestions" as pestles that people are not more than "I happen to, but do you" and if you give a negative into a "well, if you do not want, do not do" with the aforementioned annoying (as if something ... You ought) and it begins to multiply, it asks what the hell are you doing here, other than that no that people imagine it for me with this or if I'm some kind of chacha or I that:
The blame is mine alone, that's obvious. Especially because it was already retired and taste and turned, knowing what I could find, but that error can be rectified quickly. I came to help porting D_Skywalk Iris Manager and I thought I would encourage it, but that goal is met, D_Skywalk not and I'm getting tired with the case ...
2) The second thing I'll say is that the source code is available for those who want to carry out their "suggestions" do it, no one stops them. And if you do not know, as they learn, as I learned and I am only learning new things all the time based work hard and prove much.
With this background, the last thing I need is people (and less so from home) to join something that long since I was not going to play, if you want it, you have the source code, compilers and libraries available to you and only you are asked to name the modifiquéis release: no easier you can make and yet you're wrong path and going in the direction that bothers me and you have spent less justified (at times well, I think: "wasted") hours of my time on developing both Iris, as porting libraries, compile other, attach all, etc, then have people follow the same "crap".
In short, it is business as usual and that these words will fall on deaf ears: do not even bother to explain me.
More PlayStation 3 News...
Thanks but my Spanish is really rusty... In other words I dont speak it but I can understand whats going on.
Do i have to jailbreak?
Did i have to jailbreak my ps3 to install this? my ps3 on 4.31.
PSN Games On Irismanager 2.11
I don't see anything interesting in PSX games for myself. But if it will support PS2 games on BC PS3 then it will be serious feature to move from Multiman.
Too bad, developers forgot about PS2 on BC PS3
Iris Manager v2.15 PS3 Backup Game Manager By Estwald Arrives
Following up on his previous revision, this weekend PlayStation 3 developer Estwald has updated the PS3 backup game manager known as Iris Manager to version 2.15 with the changes outlined below.
Download: Iris Manager v2.15 for v4.XX PS3 CFW / Iris Manager v2.15 for v4.XX PS3 CFW (Mirror) / GIT
To quote, roughly translated: v2.15 Changelog:
- Fixed problem of authentication in PS3 discs when copying: if a problem occurs, the disc is ejected and auto load again, but has added a check for that to happen as little as possible or simply not happen.
- Added SQUARE button to eject / load disk.
- Now the disc into the tray stops after two minutes of inactivity approximate
- Added L3/R3 to change category of games. Terminated L2/R2 buttons
- Added syscall and jjolano libnet with FTP v2.3 (there is a version 3.0 with improvements, but I do not have the source code. The 2.3 is the one on github)
- Added new system font with Japanese characters (and Western) to display the title of the game (you can not add language Japanese Iris in this way: it's just for game titles)
- Some tweaks psx_payload
More PlayStation 3 News...
Still not the update I'm waiting for but it should be getting closer as I've asked for that feature to be added.