Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Question How to install OTHEROS++ Ubuntu on the PS3 easily?

Hi guys,

I'm waiting for a LONG time to install Ubuntu on my Slim CECH2004A PS3. I couldn't find a recent, user-friendly tutorial to do that though. Can someone point me in the right, and most recent direction?

I've visited gitbrew's tutorials but they are a mess, and look kinda outdated, I've also found this thread here:

http://www.ps4news.com/forums/ps3-cf...fw-120579.html

In the requirements It says 'Have a PS3 with a CFW OtherOS++', does the kmeaw have this?

And is that script really the easiest, and best way?

thanks in advance

Not sure if any Kmeaw's have OtherOS++ support, but aside from those HERE the Rebug guys also made available Rebug PS3 CFW Boot OtherOS++ & OtherOS Prep Tool and Rebug CFW 3.41.3 and 3.55.2 OtherOS++ for PS3.

There is also this Repo from glevand of OtherOS++ CFW that may be of use: http://7track.org/~glevand/ps3/cfw/

Thanks for that

Also, I've installed the '22GB for OTHEROS++' version of the firmware, but now I don't know how to boot into Petitboot, I'm guessing I need to install It somehow and It does not come bundled in the CFW right, can you point me once again in the right direction?

I've found a few tutorials to install Petitboot+OtherOS++ but they require a lot of scripts and they also install OtherOS++ (which I guess I don't need to do with that CFW).

I've followed all this steps here on Gitbrew: portal.gitbrew.org/wikibrew/PS3:OtherOS%2B%2B

To install OtherOS on HDD, and now I'm only stuck on the '10. Run script create_hdd_region.sh', I don't know how to run this, what is the command to do so? I also tried to use wget to download the file and install, but It seems petitboot can't connect online.

thanks in advance, that's the only step I'm missing now.

Ok, so I got through all the tutorial after all.

So my very last question I hope, I can't use 'wget' to download anything, so the network is not working in petitboot via wireless, do I need to use an ethernet cable to get network in petitboot?

Edit: I've reached the end of both tutorials, used the script, the script ran smoothly, It installed everything, but when I try to launch ubuntu from petitboot I get this:

[Register or Login to view code]

It was an absolute misfire, all this work for nothing.

OTHEROS++ Ubuntu, i just register, i haven't ps3 but now i saw this, i will buy it!