The House of the Dead: Overkill PS3 Custom Firmware Fix Arrives
Today Chinese PlayStation 3 developer chnps3hax has made available a 3.55 and 3.41 CFW fix for The House of the Dead: Overkill on PS3 Custom Firmware alongside a brief guide for the EBOOT Mod below.
Download: The House of the Dead: Overkill PS3 CFW Fix / The House of the Dead: Overkill PS3 CFW 3.55 Fix / PS3 3.55 EBOOT.BIN and PARAM.SFO (Mirror) / The House of the Dead: Overkill PS3 CFW 3.41 Fix / PS3 3.41 EBOOT.BIN and PARAM.SFO (Mirror) / The House of the Dead: Overkill PS3 (EUR) CFW Fix
The House of the Dead: Overkill PS3 Custom Firmware fix is intended to be used with the The_House_Of_The_Dead_Overkill_USA_PS3-CLANDESTiNE (BLUS30774) PS3 scene release, however, some users report that using PlayStation Move may cause it to freeze.
Note: The game will work with the EUR version by renaming the "uk" folder in "PS3_GAME/USRDIR/uk" to "us" but some images and text are missing though. A European version fix is available HERE courtesy of BauerIvan.
The House of the Dead: Overkill PS3 CFW Tutorial:
1) Delete the UPDATE folder of the game (optional).
2) Place the Eboot.bin file in the USRDIR folder of the game.
3) Run it on multiMAN and it should work.
PS3 Version 3.41 was tested playable House of the Dead - drive out the U.S. version. Taking the time to study the game cracked under 3.6 above, in fact, people just want to say PS3 crack get the same strength, eboot has been decrypted elf, just above 3.41 with make_fself made a use of theory.
355R system is also tested, and detailed test report: http://bbs.duowan.com/thread-21793323-1-1.html
Thanks to my good friend violentcris for sending me the news and to ps3de for also reporting it.
This has been confirmed working by ragnarok0929, to quote roughly translated:
Confirmed the PS3 version of The House of the Dead: Overkill the crack is valid!
- Link: http://bbs.duowan.com/thread-21444658-1-1.html
- Test Environment: 3.55.2 up0.4 REBUG, MM2.09.02 Chinese version, the U.S. version of "House of the Dead: Ruthless" (original required 3.70!!!)
- Built-in (external) lead stress-free operation, has been tested for 10 minutes into the game! No guidance is not to be tried!
- I heard this game is the hacker break, too much to force the amount of cracking technology is not that we are worse than others!
1. Delete the UPDATE folder within the game (without leaving the seeds removed)
2. Corresponding crack download package, replace the folder PS3_GAME under the SFO documents and PS3_GAME/USRDIR under EBOOT.BIN file (remember to modify a good name, the original backup file note!)
3. Incoming internal or external
4. MM load operation guide
PS: The game has more than 1,300 small files, it is recommended to run the built games to support MOVE, of course, can also play regular handle! Games support 3D, you know.
More PlayStation 3 News...
Thanks for the news HeyManHRU, I have promoted it to the main page now and +Rep!
Here are some more fix mirrors:
Also below is the PS3 scene release files for those seeking them:
More mirror links:
hehe i was just created thread for this fix also but it seems HeyManHRU was little faster then me
anyway awesome news, wish it was some good game to get fix
time to dust off the old move controllers, boys
i enjoyed this game but the 3d glasses that came with it made it hard to play.. play it in 2 d is much easier on the eye..
At last got 1 fix games to play off better than nothing.. Was thinking Fifa12 or Pes12 fix is out hehehe...
At last the FIX for House of Dead from CHINA !!! CHINA is good too..
First person Zombie game? ehh... seems a bit hard for my taste. But cool to see another game fixed I suppose.
Btw HeymanHRU, does this fix work with different group release or must be USA CLANDESTINE Ver?
Can I use the fix or eboot for this release ---> The House of the Dead Overkill PS3-ABSTRAKT...