Fixing Tales of Xillia for PS3 CFW 3.55
Since the game is playable on CFW now, let's discuss about it here instead of the Graces thread. I'll now try to collect what we know already.
First, the files:
All the game files are packed into an archive, with separate header and content file.
FILEHEADER.TOFHDB is the main header, it consists of two parts. First, there is a Hash Array Table, with Key and Value field. After that comes the File Array Table, with FileSize, CompressSize, Offset (in content file), Hash value (more about this later), a 6-letter extension then an unknown value that is usually 1536.
FILEHEADER.TOFHDB.debug is the same header file, but in XML.
TLFILE.TLDAT is the container of the actual files. This is a simple data file, the files are one after another.
Now about the structure:
As I said, the Hash Array consists of Key and Value pairs. These are connected to the File record's number (lets call it ID) and its Hash field. Hash.Key equals File.Hash and Hash.Value equals File.ID. See the attached picture. There are less hash record than actual files, this might mean there are leftover or unused files too.
About the actual files:
There are about 150 000 files, which is a lot, because there is no folder structure. Graces used a lot of additional packing, so it looked less but if we would extract all of its files there would be many files too.
But, the files aren't in random order, so it is possible to guess out file groups. For example, after counting the number of different extensions, you can see what types have the same number. This means file pairs, like TOTEX, TOSHP and SDB. See the picture. Then there are patterns too. For example at the end of the file TOANMB,TOHRCB,TOMDLB,TOSHPB,TOSHPP,TOSHPS follow each other.
The game uses unicode encoded japanese text, which is in SDBJPN files (and EBOOT). The structure looks the same as the skit script files of Graces, although I haven't look very deeply into them. Sounds and voices are in NUB files as usual, and there are SE3, SE4 and even WAV files too.
Anyway, here's an extractor, it can extract all files but you can set extension filters too. there will be a repack function later, so good modding until then.
ps. here's pic that shows leftover files. and that you can use the exported filelist in most office programs.
pls can somebody help me? can you give me the link to download this game? can't find in google and torrent
I have translated almost all usable items. Things like apple Gummy and such. So, if you can try re-inject it and see if the translation works.
this is the file 69857.SDBJPN
some things of this file I did not translate because has no translation, I think neither are used in the game.
this is weird. i manually injected the file, but there aren't any changes in game. also according to my file list this is 0142415.SDBJPN. i'm pretty sure i placed it to the right place, could it be stored in the eboot too, as it was with graces?
anyway i will make a repacker later and an SDB editor too. its structure is almost exactly the same as graces skit files.
I'm sorry if I'm going a lil off topic but how is Xillia playable on CFW?
Are there are a few things already translated on Xillias files or you guys plan on doing it yourselfs? Anyway, thanks guys.
to BluRay: tales of xilia's JP version fixed eboot is already out. so its playable for any normal 3.55 CFW. as for the translation. i think you they're planning on preparing for it. or translating the things that are not possible by just file exchange with US version. but that's just me. mamu and oxinar can answer that alot better than me.
to mamu & oxinar: you guys are amazing. graces has just been done and you're already onto xilia. all i can say is, thanks for everything
Yes friend, playable in the CFW 3.55 just replace the files and play.
I think not, because in the EBOOT the only things that are in Japanese is something related to the DLC. Stuff like this DLC belongs to another User download it again to play. The game data is corrupted.
Also do not think that has compressed texts in EBOOT, I did several relative searches and found nothing, unless they are with a unknown compression.
But I'm 90% sure that all texts are on the file TLFILE.TLDAT. Otherwise, namco would not have placed those files multi languages in the TLFILE.TLDAT, because if so, they would have to translate a EBOOT different for each region which would give a tremendous job.
oh of course! i forgot to replace the install data. will be back in a minute.
ok it works perfectly now. at least now we know that the game doen't even checks the original files, and uses only the install data.