Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... Last

Ferrox PS3 CFW 4.78 v1.00 (Standard CEX) PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware

It's been awhile since their last update, but today PlayStation 3 developer Alexander, LizZo and company return with Ferrox PS3 Custom Firmware 4.78 v1.00 (Standard CEX) with details below.

Download: CEXFERROX478.rar (195.24 MB) / CEXFERROX478.rar (Mirror) / CEXFERROX478.rar (Mirror #2) / PSN Patch 2015.11A UNOFFICIAL MxM.rar (1.1 MB)

MD5 Hash: 2667DFDCFDE78BA68A77388925D99970

To quote, roughly translated (via wicko at WWW.PSXHAX.COM for the news tip):

Custom Firmware FERROX 4.78 Standard CEX

Eeeh already, here we go! After the odious part of Sony to update firmware of our Ps3 Console, in many Dev they are put to 'work to update their various Homebrew and CFW.

And now.. Here's the brand new custom firmware 4.78 FERROX Standard CEX !!
    Directly from MaxModding, our dear friend and developerAlexander, has created this new version of our beloved FERROX, CFW Standard longer used, and I would say the most stable!

The new CFW FERROX 4.78, also leads a small change. I am speaking specifically of the 'addition of the Package Manager.

Well what to say.. I know certainly well known by now the FERROX, then step right away not to list the different features of the Perfect Custom Firmware

FEATURES
    • Built on base of OFW 4.78 PSN / SEN Enabled
    • Ability to Update any other CFW (CEX)
    • Ability to Update from OFW 3.55
    • Ability to Downgrade from any CFW with active QA Flags
    • QA Flags Active if all previously enabled installation
    • FEATURE - Compatibility Ps2 games
    • FEATURE - Compatibility Games PSP Remastered
    • FEATURE - Compatibility PSP Minis games
    • FEATURE - Compatibility with the 'latest version of ReactPSN
    • FEATURE - RSOD Bypass Screen Console sufferers RSOD
    • FEATURE - Key 4.78 - Possible Starting Games signed with keys 4.78
    • FEATURE - app_home / PS3_GAME
    • FEATURE - Support In-Game XMB Screenshot
    • FEATURE - Support Remote Play
    • NEW FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager, which replaces the normal folder 'Install Package Files'
    • PATCH - LV1: Patched to Remove Protection
    • PATCH LV2 - LV1: Patched the CoreOS Hash Check to prevent Brick Console Downgraded non-dehashed
    • PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke
    • PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke
    • PATCH - BT Remote Patch
    • PATCH PS3 - PS3 BlueRay Disc Patch PATCH - Disabled Opening Greeting (Epilepsy)
    • PATCH - Disabled Cinavia protection completely

The Dev Alexander is very keen to make known the Offsets Complete the Disable protection Cinavia. Here they are;

videoplayer_plugin.sprx

[Register or Login to view code]

bdp_BDMV.self & bdp_BDVD.self

[Register or Login to view code]

TEST DONE

Slim CECH 2104A - ThanksLizZo, I taggo alone
    3 Slim CECH2004A - Thanks MiZiO90,SNK, R3IZ4!
    FAT CECHK - Thanks TSUTEJ1!
    FAT CECHH - Thanks TSUTEJ1!
    FAT CECHL - Thanks TSUTEJ1!

Homebrew Tested
    • PsnPatch v2015.11 A - Tested and 100% Working
    • SEN Enabler v5.9.2 - Tested and 100% Working
    • WebMan MOD - It works if you enabled the plugin loader from the Toolbox PsnPatch. Replacing the version of WebMan PsnPatch integrated with the 'latest version 1:43:25 seems to work properly. See Notes and Tips deeper.
    • MultiMAN v4.76.00 - Tested and Working, it needs updating to recognize the CFW 4.78. Lacking the Payload MAMBA not charge games alone.
    • IrisMAN v3.50.8 - Tested and 100% Working. Upload Games HD Internal and External.
    • IrisMAN STEALTH v3.50.7 - Tested and 100% Working. Obviously not recognize the FW 4.78, but not to say that it affects the functionality!
    • ManaGunz v1.23 - I personally works perfectly, even at SNK. Mizio argues that some games misbehave. Maybe some small configuration? I do not know. Let us know if you try it!
    • prepNTFS v1.13 - 100% Tested and Working.
    • MAMBA PRX LOADER v2.1.5 - works great. Upload Plugins and enable the Auto-Loader without problems. I apologize for the false alarm previously written! My error!!!!

I recommend you give a glance.

INSTALLATION CFW

Download the CFW at the top. Rename the file .pup exactly: PS3UPDAT.PUP

Take a USB formatted in FAT32, and create a new folder called PS3, in this please create an 'other still called UPDATE, and in latter' inseriteci the File PS3UPDAT.PUP, that would be the custom firmware.

Insert the USB port in the far right of the Ps3.

Be sure to: Remove any disc from the player of the PS3, Remove any games loaded with any Manager, disable the Internet connection.

Ok. You can choose to install the CFW from the XMB or by Recovery.

On the XMB you just go in the 'Settings', then 'System Update' and choose 'Through storage media'. Select the CFW and start the process.

To enter recovery instead, turn off the console. Turn it back on by holding down the power button until the console is switched off again. Now turn it back on by holding down the Power button until you hear two beeps very close. Then release the Power button! Recovery time from the menu, select 'System Update' and follow the instructions.

For a clean installation, you can install two times the CFW. You can also go back into Recovery and click Options to Rebuild Database and Restore the File System. You also have an installation that more clean and safe.

Notes and Tips
    • Use WebMan MOD of 4.78 FERROX through PsnPatch

We noticed that in the Application PsnPatch, the version of WebMan MOD Integrated is 43.04, and now we are even at 43.25! A little behind!

Why yesterday I got the idea of ​​replacing the version integrated with PsnPatch latest available at the time, namely the v1.43.25, which brings with it also the compatibility with CFW 4.78! And MiZiO90 put into practice the idea.

PsnPatch inside also has a 'Plug-Auto-Loader'. PsnPatch downloaded above. Start PsnPatch and press SELECT in the menu. Press the directional arrows 'June', 'LEFT' and 'RIGHT' one at a time. See asterisks appear close to 3 voices 'WebMan Install Plugin', 'Install XMB add-ons for WebMan' and also 'Install Plugin auto-loader'. Well, press the START button and the console will reboot should see a notification of been uploaded WebMan MOD.

If you do not see the folder WebMan Games on XMB, make sure that you select in the Toolbox item 'Install XMB add-ons for WebMan'. To remove all, come back in the Toolbox and you will see the same items, but this time with words 'Remove' instead of 'Install'. Just press the Arrow Keys to disable what you want!

NOTES:

1. First, you should know that by enabling the Plugin Loader PsnPatch, will NOT be able to connect to PSN!

2. In Menu WebMan Games, following this guide, it will only folders PS3 and PS2, this is due to the decision of the Dev KW to integrate a lightweight version of WebMan MOD. But there can be more than enough!

Load Backup FERROX 4.78

Right now, we have a few Manager Compatible with 4.78. We tried everything, every Manager! The report can already be seen in the Homebrew Test.

Then; IrisMAN used to Version 3.50.8 - Compatible with CFW 4.78, and has integrated the payload MAMBA! Use WebMan MOD to Version 1:43:25 - Compatible with CFW 4.78, follow the guide, or use MAMBA PRX Loader you can load.

ManaGunz used to Version 1.23 - It really should not be compatible with 4.78, but it works great and loads all the games.

Little Ingenuity

The Package Manager seems to be allergic to SEN Enabler. In fact, using only some functions of SEN, such as Reboot, the Package Manager is replaced with the folder 'Install Package Files'. Honestly it is very strange!

Well, I think it is everything. I recommend you read carefully the Guide to 'installation if you are new in the world of modding. And please, also read the notes and tips !!

I can only thank again Alexander for their work! But the best is yet to come ragazzuoli! Stay here on MaxModding. We will have some nice surprises.

More PlayStation 3 News...

vidis23 Guest
    Nice , been waiting for a new CFW <3

Rob64IV Guest
    Looks awesome!

coolsoul Guest
    thx as was waiting

STCODE Guest
    Thanks for 4.78 support!

broken1990 Guest

awesome

Its beautiful thanks

hazer49 Guest
    thanks.. i'm actually posting for the vtrm fix for my cechl

afsal12345 Guest
    good job guys !

dudemandude Guest
    nice work. is it stable?

damag0r Guest
    Thanks! This is the CFW my friends recommend.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... Last