my BD drive is damaged and i have to return my ps3 to Sony. i have currently CFW 3.55 on it and i have also some questions:
1. how can return to any OFW?
2. is Sony able to prove any CFW installed before? (before CFW i used a JB)
3. normally Sony will return a refurbished ps3. If there will be the 3.56, can i install a CFW again?
1. To return to any OFW, use a downgrade "jig" and the 3.55 files.
2. is Sony able to prove any CFW installed before? If the latest news is correct, YES from their PSN logs. However, if you were to downgrade to even modified 3.41, then format the hard drive and update to 3.55 via USB media, THEN connect to PSN and update to 3.56 or whatever the latest is at that point, no. I'd say it's highly unlikely they could look at that machine and say that it has a CFW or MFW on it at any point just from looking at it.
3. Sony will likely send you a machine back with the latest firmware on it, especially in this "climate". RIGHT NOW there is no hack for 3.56, but things are changing every day.
Why are you getting hyped? Unless you live on U.S they won't do anything. Even if you DO live there the max they'll do is return your PS3 with 3.56. When 7 of my PS3s stopped working together, I sent them all and requested them not to upgrade the OFW and they obliged
thanks for the fast reply. But does this also mean i can just format with the ps3 and just update from 3.55 cfw to the newest ofw? I thought i read about bricked ps3's after updating from cfw some time ago.