this is my first post here so please be kind.
I have been looking into putting custom firmware on my PS3 for a while now and i just cant find the answers I need, i hope you guys can help?
My current setup is as follows, PS3 = Launch 60gb console (with 320gb HDD installed) running OFW 3.41. I have JB'd it and I use a dongle, I use Rogero manager and Multiman, plus FTP etc, obviously it has the pkg loader thing aswell.
My questions are...
1. what's the best/safest CFW? (from what I've read KMEAW 3.55 seems to be the best?)
2. Do I have to upgrade to OFW 3.55 first? (would this be ok as I have the pkg manager already installed?)
3. or can I upgrade straight to CFW 3.55?
4. What is the safest way? I don't want to brick it lol.
5. is there a step by step guide anywhere?
6. what's a PUP?
7. can I play on PSN with CFW (not too bothered about this one).
I have read all sorts but I cant find anything on upgrading from my setup to what I want, any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Perfect.