Sponsored Links

PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Poll 3.55 Kmeaw or Rebug PS3 CFW

Sponsored Links
    Tomorrow i will recieve my new PS3 Slim after my old phattie died, and i was wondering why would i put KMEAW over REBUG and vice versa, whats the main difference between the 2.

On a SLIM does it matter wich one u have or either one will do.

Sponsored Links
    Rebug adds some debug options to the XMB. KMEAW just pretty much, hacks it.

I for one, never had use for Rebug, if you feel the extra options are worth it, then give it a go.

Note that, Rebug comes with Package Manager pre-installed while in KMEAW you have to install it separately. Not a must but a pretty sweet app.

Would be glad to see the differences between Rebug & KMEAW.

I think the answer depends on what you are going to mainly use your ps3 for. I myself like to play around with other things other than games, so I have installed Rebug because there are settings in there thats useful to me and how I run and control my PS3.

Now if yourself was also interested in the same, then with the slim I would recommend rebug because it has been made even easier for the noob to install other OS, unlike the phattie you had before.

If your a backup player then I would also say Rebug because it has everything you need to play backups without a disk in the drive. no messing with other payloads.
    Then the only other 2 packages you need is Dean's MultiMan and blackbox ftp.

That's hoping you get a new ps3 set at 3.55 or below. My fingers are crossed for ya.

Well it should i ordered 1 and it had 3.60 on it so am returning it because site said it would have 3.30 or something so that's why i can return it , now i ordered the little big planet 2 bundle, in theory it must be on lower FW because it was made before 3.55 came out and i don't think they still make the LBP2 bundles.

What I forgot to say was I never used KMEAW, but a good friend does, and he has never had an issue as far as I know. Plus I have read endless posts raving about it, so your not going to go wrong either way really.
    Last edited by daveshooter; 05-31-2011 at 05:52 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by kmjansen83 View Post
    Well it should i ordered 1 and it had 3.60 on it so am returning it because site said it would have 3.30 or something so that's why i can return it , now i ordered the little big planet 2 bundle, in theory it must be on lower FW because it was made before 3.55 came out and i don't think they still make the LBP2 bundles.
    If you buy LBP2 bundle then you are in good hand...I buy the same and there was FW 3.45... but one think I can say for sure that you did not get PS3 with FW 3.30 OR lower.

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk.

Any news ?

Well kmjansen83 did you get your PS3? and what did you decide on the firmware front?

Sponsored Links
Please Register at PS4News.com, Login or Activate Your Account to make comments on the PS4 News Forums. Thanks!

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS4 Downloads - PS4 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 4 News