What's up & happy easter first of all. I am going crazy, so before you blast me and say i have to search, i have been searching for DAYS now. I just don't want to brick my ps3 to get to 3.55 Kmeaw, and i don't know what i am doing wrong!
I have had a PS3 FAT ( Launch, with ps2 support ) , that i wanted to downgrade to install custom packages. I bough a dongle, Amazebreak, that i flashed. I succesfully downloaded to 3.41, but i've been reading i have to download the official 3.55 firmware again, install it, and then install a custom 3.55 over the other one? WTH ? So i downgraded to 3.41 for nothing?
I just want to install apps, what am i doing wrong here?
That being said, while i was trying to upgrade to 3.55 (officially) again, i had to put my ps3 into SERVICE mode. That worked earlier, before i downgraded, all it does now, is put my ps3 on standby. The method i'm using is ;
- USB stick with 3.55 update on it (PS3 folder on root, GAME folder , UPDATE)
- Nothing else in it
- Unplug ps3
- Plug back in
- Hold power button untill it switches on and off
- Release then press again till i hear two beeps
After this it should go into service mode, but it doesn't. It goes to standby.
Please help me out here, going crazy !
Also, Why are there so many different CFW's ? Almost every CFW has 2 versions, and there's like 6 different ones.
What i want is to ;
- Play backups of of my external USB drive, or Internal USB (but i prefer external USB), of games that i own of course. ;- )
- Install emulators
- Install FTP app
- Don't really need to play online on PSN, would be nice, but not really a priority, what i do want is to download title updates...
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by RhanJones; 04-24-2011 at 08:21 AMReason: Automerged Doublepost
Ok if you were already on 3.55 OFW all you had to do was install the CFW Kmeaw 3.55 through XMB or Recovery mode then all you needed was to install multiMAN and BDEMU then FTP 1.2 and then get all the emulators and install them one by one just do a search for all that stuff and let us know how you make out. Happy Easter as well