Square Enix Community Project Manager Hergen Thaens is here with Final Fantasy XIV Beta details, a new PS4 trailer and confirmation that it arrives on PlayStation 4 on April 14th, 2014.
To quote: Hello everyone! Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn launches for PS4 on April 14th, 2014. Many players have questions about the beta, as well as the PS3-to-PS4 transfer process for accounts.
Folks were wondering who could participate in the beta, if they could use existing characters, if they needed an existing account, or could jump right in.
Well, luckily enough, today marks the reveal of a whole lot of answers you've been waiting for. And not just that - but also a trailer, fully recorded with PS4 in-game scenes.
Okay, let's get started with some information:
Phase 1: February 22nd to March 3rd.
Phase 2: April 4th to April 7th.
• Japanese Standard Time assumed for all dates.
• The beta will be accessible for everyone with a PS4, and directly downloadable from PlayStation Store.
• There will be a character wipe after phase 1.
• Players who made their character in beta phase two will be able to bring this data to the retail version.
PS3 and PC players of FFXIV will be able to transfer character data to the PS4 (please note that this is only necessary for the beta - in the retail version, all players will play on the same servers).
PS3 to PS4 transfer
The transfer service is scheduled to begin Friday, April 11th, 2014. Please be aware that after transferring to the PS4 you'll be unable to play the PS3 version using your existing copy. Users who wish to play using both the PS3 and PS4 are required to purchase the PS4 version separately.
Users who own multiple service accounts for the PS3 can transfer all accounts to the PS4. Users transferring their accounts will have access during the early access period, scheduled from April 11th to the 13th. Please note: to transfer your PS3 account, you must have logged into it from a PS3 at least once.
• Upgraded graphics on the PS4 in glorious 1080p (see trailer).
• PS Vita Remote Play - craft, gather, and play wherever you go.
• Share-support - stream your gameplay or share screenshots.
• Mouse & Keyboard Support - switching over from a PC? No problem!
• Touchpad-Support - the touchpad of Dualshock 4 is fully supported.
Did that whet your appetite?
Fun fact: to create the two-minute long trailer above, we recorded more than six hours of footage, creating over 800GB of videos at 1080p. I'm also in that video, visible at around 0:34. The first one to guess who I am will have the honor of being right!
Did you like what you just read? Let us know in the comments. And as usual, we'll keep you posted.
More PlayStation 4 News...