Video: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Multiplayer Reveal Trailer
Today Activision made available the new Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Multiplayer reveal trailer video with details below from the press release, as follows:
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is a new installment of the Call of Duty series. It is being developed by Sledgehammer Games on PlayStation 4, XBox One and PC and by High Moon Studios on PlayStation 3 and XBox 360 platforms.
It is set to be released on November 4, 2014 for XBox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, XBox 360 and PC. A Wii U version has not yet been announced, but there is expectation that Activision will clear this up sooner or later. It is the first game in the series to benefit from the three year development cycle.
- "Boost jump" -- jump much higher than in the past
- "Slam" -- an air-to-ground melee attack
- "Boost dodge" -- dodge while on the ground
- "Boost dash" -- move quickly in a direction while in mid-air
- "Boost slide" -- slide while on the ground
- Exo abilities are selectable within Pick 13 (see below) and are usable for as long as battery power is available
- "Exo cloak" -- turn at least partially invisible
- "Exo shield"
- "Exo cover"
- "Exo launcher"
- Super punch -- rather than using a knife, you can punch an enemy player to death
- XP still exists and is the "backbone" of the ranking system
- Create-an-Operator lets you customize the look of your character, including your head, helmet, exoskeleton, gloves, and boots
- Pick 13 system replaces Pick 10
- You can select up to four score streaks or none at all, giving you more room to select Exo suit abilities or other items
- Scorestreaks can be customized to make them more powerful; doing so doesn't cost Pick 13 points
- Co-op scorestreaks let players work together, like allowing two players to make use of a flying vehicle
- Virtual firing range allows you to try out your custom loadout without having to go into a multiplayer match
- Virtual Lobby -- show off your character in the lobby, allowing you to view other players' look and loadout
- Supply drops -- rewarded through things like in-game challenges and time played; rewards you with weapons, special care packages
- Three rarity levels: Enlisted, Professional, and Elite
- Weapon loot -- custom weapons that modify weapons' base stats
- Character gear will also be available, allowing you to customize your look as part of the Create-an-Operator feature
- Thousands of rewards available and billions of possible combinations
- 12 multiplayer modes on day one
- CTF, Search & Destroy, Hardpoint all returning
- Round-based Domination
- Uplink -- new mode where two teams fight for control of a drone that can be passed between players
- Maps have dynamic elements, such as water from the ocean flooding a level when a tsunami rolls in
- Four maps announced today:
- Biolab -- set in a bioengineering laboratory
- Riot -- set in a prison in Baghdad
- Ascend -- set in a space elevator terminal
- Defender -- set in San Francisco next to the Golden Gate Bridge, features the aforementioned tsunami
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare takes multiplayer gameplay to new heights. The core movement system is fundamentally changed with exoskeleton technology, creating the most dynamic, action-packed multiplayer experience in Call of Duty history.
Pre-order the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition!
- 24 hour EARLY access
- Advanced Arsenal featuring the Bullet Brass exoskeleton and EM1 Quantum directed energy weapon
- Two custom weapons, the AK-12G Assault Rifle and CROSSBOW-B2
- Double XP on November 3rd
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Multiplayer Reveal Gameplay Trailer
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Single-Player Gameplay at Gamescom 2014
More PlayStation 4 News...