Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

JeoWay Guest

Post PS Plus: 15 Months for $32 PS4 Strategy

I suppose you read up about the PlayStation 4 requiring users to have an active PS Plus Subscription for Online Multiplayer?

Well, I suppose your a bit frustrated with this and I can tell you now that there are certain ways/methods to get extra PS Plus Subscription time for free!

If you don't know what PS Plus is, it is basically a service provided by Sony that guarantees you to get at least 3 - 4 full PS3 Games per month. 3 - 4 free PS Vita Games per month. Soon, 3 - 4 Free PS4 Games per month!

STOCKING UP ON EXTRA SUBSCRIPTIONS FOR FREE!:

Guess what? Sony normally offers users to purchase a 1 year PS Plus Subscription and get an extra 3 months for FREE! How to do this? Be on the lookout for offers/emails from Sony (or look in the ad bar at the top of the XMB). Sometimes this offer will appear.

So if you wait and purchase a 1 year subscription for $49.99 when this offer turns around, you will get an additional 3 months for free.

PS Plus 12 Month Subscription = $49.99
    PS Plus 3 Month Subscription = $17.99

12 Months + 3 Months = 15 Months.
    $49.99 - $17.99 = $32.00

If you claim this offer at some point, you will technically only be paying $32 for 15 months of PS Plus! Great Online Service. Free games across 3 different PlayStation Platforms. Online Multiplayer (PS4 Only), cross chat. Amazing right?

NOTE: PS PLUS IS ONLY REQUIRED FOR ONLINE MULTIPLAYER! IS NOT REQUIRED FOR ALL OTHER SERVICES!!! (Such as Netflix, YouTube, Music Unlimited, etc)

SwordOfWar Guest
    Sony isn't going to pay you $17.99 for the extra 3 months so that math is wrong though

You get 15 months for 50$, not 32$. Assuming you will always pay per 12 months to save money, the extra 3 months is valued less than 17.99

But either way, an extra 3 months tacked on for no additional cost is something to watch out for.

SwordOfWar Guest

PS4 Free-to-play games and PS Plus

Somehow I missed this, but apparently Sony will let the publisher decide if their free-to-play games will require a PS Plus subscription to play online.

Most likely F2P games will simply work with or without PS Plus. The question is if a game does require a monthly subscription, how will that tie in with PS Plus, and will such subscriptions be cheaper for PS Plus subscribers.

Most likely if a game uses a subscription model it wouldn't require PS Plus, but you won't get any discounts if you have PS Plus. We haven't seen any game yet that suggests a mandatory subscription model yet though (only F2P and micro transaction models). However with many subscription based MMORPG games moving to a F2P (with micro transaction/in-game store) model we may be seeing the end of mandatory subscriptions in the future.

Source: ign.com/videos/2013/06/13/publishers-decide-if-free-to-play-needs-ps-plus-e3-2013

JeoWay Guest
    The point was to tell people that you can get the extra 3 months. But when you think about it how I though of it (hard to explain in text), its almost like paying $32 mentally (not on your bank account though)

JeoWay Guest
    The only thing i personally have heard about subscriptions for psn is ps plus. So maybe if you have ps plus, you get it anyhow.

imranulferdoues Guest
    JeoWay, do you mean if I activate a 1 year PSN+ subscription using a PSN+ subscription card around the time when the extra 3months offer is on going, I will get the extra months included to my account..?

Or should I have to use credit card to purchase PSN+ subscription directly from PSN around that time..?

Thanks for the post..

h82skate1968 Guest
    The OP's math was a bit confusing. I would buy a couple more 15 month subscriptions of plus if it was only $32. That would be a great deal. 15 months at $49.99 is the best deal I've seen so far for plus.

JeoWay Guest
    What I do is buy a 1 year prepaid card, when the time comes just redeem it at that time