Watch Major League Baseball on PS3! MLB.TV App Live Today
PlayStation Store Senior Manager Grace Chen has announced news of a new way to watch Major League Baseball on PS3, namely the MLB TV application which goes live today on PSN!
To quote: I'm excited to show everyone the new MLB.TV application for the PS3 that will be available from PlayStation Network, in both U.S. and Canada, later today.
This app allows MLB.TV subscribers to watch every regular season game live in HD (local blackout restrictions do apply), with tons of new interactive features designed exclusively for PSN.
Some of the unique interactive features that we show in the demo include:
- MLB Scoreboard - See a schedule of today's games (and set options to control whether or not you see the scores)
- Home and Away Feeds - Choose to watch either the home or away broadcast feed
- HD quality video and DVR functionality - watch a live game in HD (with Live Game DVR functionality that lets you pause and rewind live games of fast-forward back to live game action)
- Season Archive - Want to re-live a great moment? Go back and watch games you've missed from earlier in the season.
- Scrollable Linescore - Go directly to any half-inning to watch only that portion of the game.
- Favorite Teams/Calendar Schedule - Scroll through the entire 2010 Major League Baseball schedule in calendar format or designate your favorite team(s) to see the schedule for that team.
You can now download the app from the "Media" category on PlayStation Store, and launch it from the Video section of the XMB.
You must be an MLB.TV subscriber to fully utilize this app (some features, such as the calendar schedule, are available to everyone for free). There are two annual packages: MLB.TV is $99.95 and MLB.TV Premium is $119.95.
If you aren't already a MLB.TV subscriber. The site to sign up will go live later today. Once you've subscribed, link your MLB.TV subscription to a PS3 (via the app), and enjoy the season!
This is truly the ultimate baseball viewing experience from MLB.TV and PlayStation Network. Enjoy!
More PlayStation 3 News...
Why is it that those 'Apps' can give HD quality streaming, and our NOS 'app' doesn't even do 15fps 320x200 quality.. my god... I hate Sony sooo much these days...