Warhawk developer Dylan Jobe has confirmed that the highly awaited Warhawk v1.1 patch will be released tomorrow November 2nd, sometime between 5am and 9am pacific time.
To quote: FINALLY! -- and Yes...I realize this was a loooong time coming :-P
We are going to be globally deploying the v1.1 during an extended maintenance window Friday, November 2nd between 5am and 9am Pacific.
To recap, here are the items addressed by the patch:
* Stat database stability improvements
* Improved server stability
* Max Clan limit changed from 32 to 64
* Viral Rank-up bug fixed and correct for players that were accidentally ranked up.
* "Time-in-Vehicle" Stats fixed so certain awards can now be granted properly.
Client-side (this is the one that you will actually download to your PS3)
* Stat connection, fetch/post fixes
* Significantly improved client connection stability
* Quad "????" Ping display bug fixed.
* Added support for Player-Ranked Servers.
* Game synchronization fixes due to fluctuating network conditions (packet-drop).
* Crash fixes for end of game and split screen.
A couple of things that I want to point out. Some of you were able to download the v1.1 patch before it was "officially" ready. Since this occurred without the server-side updates to compliment it, not all of the fixes would have functioned. Specifically the viral-rank-up fix and the time-in-vehicle stat fix. Once we bring the system back online Friday, 9am Pacific, these fixes will be functional.
Also, once we deploy the patch, when you boot Warhawk, you will be prompted by the XMB to download the v1.1 patch. This is a fast download so it's not a time killer. Once the XMB has pulled the patch down, Warhawk will boot back up and be happy! You will also notice a "v1.1" in the lower right corner of the screen.
So...we'll be monitoring the roll-out tomorrow and this weekend so please check the forums for any updates We'll also be updating the announcements text today as well.
I would also like to extend a heart-felt "Welcome Back!" to our talented QA, SCERT and PDIT teams in San Diego. I've said it before and I'll say it again, they are the ones "behind the curtain" making a lot of this happen and its great to have them back!
As Always...Rock on!
More PlayStation 3 News...