This weekend Under Siege Producer Filipe Pina has announced that the new PS3 strategy game Under Siege is now available on PSN.
To quote: Our little big game is now on sale on the PlayStation Store! Under Siege is an action and strategy game in real time, where a small group of heroes fight against a huge invading army.
We developed Under Siege to be played with the DualShock 3 controller and it also supports the PlayStation Move motion controller. We also boost lots of cool features like video recording, custom music, and video chat. The game even runs in full 1080p in Dolby Digital 5.1.
Under Siege is now available for $19.99 ($10.00 for PlayStation Plus users) and suppers six languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese. It includes a full campaign, two-player multiplayer online and local play, and the same Editor used by us to create the game itself.
The Editor is one of the most important features we put in Under Siege. We started production on it before making the game so we that made sure our level designers created everything directly on a PS3 with a DualShock 3. This way, it was possible to keep on upgrading and improving the features and usability while the game was being made.
Currently the Editor has many tools that enable varied things such as:
- Sculpting and painting the terrain
- Adding water to create rivers and lakes
- Changing lighting intensity, colour, position and other effects
- Placing and rotating props like trees, houses, walls and more
- Placing units and determine their AI, line of sight, colour and team
- Creating cutscenes with your own lines of text and many different characters
- Above all, creating your own logic with a simple trigger system that allows for the creation of new types of levels, modes and even totally different gameplay.
We also included a Manual that is accessible at all times. To make it easier for everyone to use we are making it available as a PDF. You can download it or print it in PDF form, either the pretty version or a printer-friendly version.
The team is also putting together some video tutorials that will help out in creating content.
Talk to us in our forums, and get more information at the official Web site. Check out the free comic book while you're at it! See you online!
More PlayStation 3 News...