Today Game Director Paul Rustchynsky has posted up a video introducing MotorStorm RC for PSN and PS Vita below.
To quote: I'm delighted to be able to announce - and show a trailer for - MotorStorm RC, Evolution Studios' upcoming radio controlled off-road racing game for PS Vita and PlayStation Network.
It was also announced literally moments ago on stage - so it's absolutely hot off the press! You can watch first video of MotorStorm RC in action here.
I've been game director to a small, elite team at Evolution Studios for most of the year, creating a simulation of high-speed radio-controlled car racing for PSN download.
We're extremely pleased with how the game is coming together; it's a perfect combination of classic racing with really modern connectivity features and it's already bigger than your average download game, with visually stunning renditions of all four MotorStorm worlds (and eight of their vehicle classes).
Every aspect of the game comes loaded with endless competition that you can share with friends and rivals worldwide - whether that's on PS3 or PS Vita, or both - and we're still packing it full of challenges, race types and features too!
Everyone who has played MotorStorm RC so far says it really gets you hooked, with an addictive, hypnotic core experience - just like the best arcade games.
Also like the best arcade games, stages take just moments to load, giving it that 'just one more go' quality, especially when you can play at home on PS3 and then continue your progress on the go with Vita.
And it's still early days! We've got a lot more lined up and we'll share all of it with you as the game comes together, but for now please check out our trailer and some of the killer features in MotorStorm RC!
Off-Road Racing on a New Scale
• Conquer the most extreme racing environments in powerful radio-controlled vehicles, with hundreds of uniquely customized models to collect and performance based on 8 distinct racing categories: Buggies, Superminis, Rally Cars, Muscle Cars, Racing Trucks, Supercars, Big Rigs and Monster Trucks!
• Four Classic Locations, 16 Unique Tracks
• Experience the simultaneous challenge and excitement of racing in the world's most extreme environments, from the dusty desert mesa's of Monument Valley, to the dangerous jungles of a Pacific island, to the icy tundra at the Arctic Edge, to the apocalyptic ruins of an urban city.
• Settle Rivalries Anytime, Anyplace
• Challenge friends and the rest of the world to compete for the fastest times in every event - whether that's on PS3 or PS Vita, or both.
• Share Every Moment - Share every moment with your friends and make new friends via the Pitwall. Keep tabs on their activity - so you always know when there's a new challenge or a new leader - and you can always stay one step ahead of the competition.
• Four-Player Multiplayer on PS3
• Settle the score with your friends in person with 4 player split-screen races.
• Pay Once, Get Both - It's the same experience on both PS3 and PS Vita, and picking up the game on PS3 will give you full access to the game on PS Vita (and vice versa) - so if you own both you can carry your progress between the two, and always pick up where you left off.
Players in the US can look forward to the release of Motorstorm RC on the PS3 and PS Vita next spring.
More PlayStation 3 News...