Today Producer Jason Villa has shared an MLB 10: The Show PS3 video predicting the Giants in 7 for baseball fans.
To quote: With the World Series ready to get underway, we're here to predict the winner of this year's Fall Classic using the most realistic baseball game on the market, MLB 10: The Show.
We simulated the match-up between the Texas Rangers and San Francisco Giants, and are excited to see that a seven-game classic is in our future. Here's a quick video rundown of the series:
Much as they did against the Yankees, Texas jumped to an early lead in Game 1 and then blew it open against the Giants bullpen. After San Francisco bounced back to take Game 2 easily, the series moved to Arlington for a pivotal Game 3.
Texas battled back from a 4-0 deficit to lead 5-4 in the ninth, but Aubrey Huff hit a two-run homer off Neftali Feliz and the Giants seized control of the series with a 7-5 win. A 6-3 triumph in Game 4 extended the Giants' lead three-games to one, but Cliff Lee continued to be an almost unhittable force in the postseason for the Rangers, throwing eight innings of six-hit ball and winning Game 5, 4-3.
Still, the Giants had two chances on their home field to win it all. In Game 6, it was the Rangers' turn to leave the hometown fans heartbroken, as they rallied for two runs in the 8th and two more in the 10th to win 4-3 and force a deciding Game 7.
In Game 7, pitching ruled the day as the teams combined for just five hits over nine innings. Leading off the bottom of the 10th, Pat Burrell's fourth home run of the Series not only cemented his claim to series MVP award, it gave the Giants their first World Series title since moving west in 1958.
Here are the game-by-game scores:
- Game 1: Texas 10, San Francisco 3
- Game 2: San Francisco 9, Texas 1
- Game 3: San Francisco 7, Texas 5
- Game 4: San Francisco 6, Texas 3
- Game 5: Texas 4, San Francisco 3
- Game 6: Texas 4, San Francisco 2 (10 innings)
- Game 7: San Francisco 1, Texas 0 (10 innings)
And here are some of the Series' top performers:
San Francisco Giants:
- Pat Burrell (MVP): 10-28, 4 HR, 11 RBI
- Buster Posey: 10-30, 3 HR, 6 RBI
- Matt Cain: 2 games, 1-0, 15 IP, 8H, 1 ER, CG in Game 2
- Cliff Lee: 2 games, 2-0, 16 IP, 12 K, 2.81 ERA
- Josh Hamilton: 7-29, 2 2B, 3 RBI
- Elvis Andrus: 8-22, 4 runs, 2 RBI, 2 SB
How accurate is MLB 10: The Show? The World Series starts tomorrow - we'll know soon!
More PlayStation 3 News...