Video: Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition for PS3 Unboxed
Sony's Senior Social Media Specialist Sid Shuman has made available a video today showcasing the unboxing of Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition for PS3.
To quote: Jeff and I got our grubby paws on the first in-house box and have defiled its pristine shrink wrap for your viewing pleasure in the video above. Love that new-car smell!
What does your $99.99 get you? Read on for the full contents. Not enough detail for you? Head over to GranTurismo.com for even more specifics and images.
- Gran Turismo 5 on Blu-ray: 1000+ cars, a wealth of tracks, new Course Maker, stereoscopic 3D, kart racing, and more features than we could possibly list here. Seriously - this game is huge.
- Collectible Diecast Car: Exclusive limited edition 1:43 scale diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V with custom Gran Turismo livery designed by Polyphony Digital, produced by well-known collectible car maker Kyosho.
- Exclusive "Apex" Car Guide: 300 pages of advanced GT5 driving techniques, a crash course in modern automotive history, track reference material and much more straight from experts at Polyphony Digital.
- Five exclusive DLC cars: Special "Chrome Line" editions of the Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro, BMW M3 Coupe, Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640, Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe, and Shelby Cobra 427. You may commence drooling.
- Custom-etched Gran Turismo key chain: A man can't live on his PS3 alone, so your friends at Polyphony Digital have arranged for a little keepsake memento of your GT5 conquests.
- Numbered certificate of authenticity: Hang it on your bedroom wall and impress your friends, or stash it under your bed amongst the cobwebs - the choice is yours!
Phew! That covers the GT5 Collector's Edition, launching Wednesday, November 24th for $99.99. Only one question remains - what version are you going to get? Are you going deluxe or sticking to the standard edition? Let us know in the comments!
More PlayStation 3 News...
great news i really love this games...
This looks great, it's a shame it doesn't run on fw 3.41 systems or it will sell a lot more!
A keychain, a toy car, a booklet, a drop of DLC and an authenticity certificate... you'd truly have to be a car fan to pay $40 extra to get that stuff.
Sadly the german collectors edition has no car or key chain >.>
ima get me the normal edition..
i'm not GT fan but i think this game looks great... and i think it's for the best that this game doesn't work on 3.41 cuz most of peoples will download it...
i think this game really worth buying... i'll play it today... cuz my cousin already bought it... he'll bring it to my house along with his un-jailbroken ps3 "3.50"