The 2.00 patch for Unreal Tournament 3 is now live on the PlayStation Network. This is the patch that is supposed to include a lot of new stuff, including trophies, split-screen, and the in-game mod browser, amongst other goodies.
The patch was supposed to be delayed until March 19th, but it is up right now.
To quote: The v2.00 patch for Unreal Tournament is live. This is a 93MB patch, which includes trophies!
The previously-reported list of changes, some of which may not be included in this update (ie: Titan mutator, new maps, should be coming as separate DLC):
- 16 environments - four Warfare, three vCTF, six Deathmatch, and three CTF maps - that are new to the PC and PS3 versions
- Three bonus pack maps, CTF-Face, CTF-Searchlight and DM-Morbias
- The namesake Titan mutator, which lets players overwhelm opponents as a 15 foot tall titan, or crush them as a 30 foot tall Behemoth
- Greed and Betrayal, two gametypes that breed new-found fervor throughout the competitive UT3 arena
- Two powerful weapons, the Stinger Turret and Eradicator Cannon artillery
- Two valuable deployables, the X-Ray Field and Link Station
- The Slow Field power-up, a portable version of the Slow Field deployable
- Stealthbender, a new vehicle that carries two spidermine trap deployables, one EMP mine, and one each of the new Link Station and X-Ray Field deployables
- Two new characters, Nova and Kana
- 57 awards attainable as Steam Achievements and PS3 Trophies
- Broad improvements for PC and PS3: Significant AI enhancements, especially in vehicle gametypes; networking performance upgrades; greatly improved menu flow and UI usability; better mod support
- Client-side demo recording, highly improved Server Browser, a new maplist system, plus mid-game mutator and gametype voting functionality for PC
- High demand PS3 features including PS3 Trophy support, two-player split-screen support, and mod browsing
This is a major update to the game, and is about nine days early, from the last time we checked.
More PlayStation 3 News...