Uncharted 3 PS3 Patch 1.11 Notes: Lab Returns, Elimination Mode
Naughty Dog Community Strategist Eric Monacelli is here with the Uncharted 3 PS3 Patch 1.11 notes which include the return of the Lab, an Elimination Mode and more outlined below!
To quote: It's back! We are very excited to unveil patch 1.11 for UNCHARTED 3, which will be live for download by the end of May.
First of all, we can hail the long anticipated return of the Lab. However if your memory is fuzzy about what the Lab is, we first introduced it in UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer.
The Lab is a playlist featuring a unique series of multiplayer game types that our designers have concocted that focus on, above all, being fun. We're kicking things off with a T-bolt and Pistole only map. So once the patch drops later this month, log onto UNCHARTED 3 multiplayer and give it a whirl. Let the experiments begin!
As for other changes happening in patch 1.11 UNCHARTED 3's Lead Multiplayer Designer Robert Cogburn and Game Director Justin Richmond have something to say:
Or if you'd rather read everything in list form here is the full rundown of changes for 1.11:
• The Lab returns and we begin the playlist with a T-bolt/Pistole-only map. We will be rolling out other game types as the year progresses.
The Lab will contain treasure drops from whatever the base game type is (the T-bolt/Pistole map is considered Team Deathmatch)
• Elimination Mode has been added.
Elimination mode will contain treasure drops from Team Deathmatch
• Message of the Day returns - a daily message will pop up with news, tips, and other information.
• The following custom game settings are now available via a menu in Custom Game mode called "Advanced Settings."
• Respawn Time
• Buddy Spawning toggle
• Health Multiplier - by percentage
• Sprinting toggle
• Weapon Mode (Default, Basic Weapons, Pistols, RPG-7)
• Medal Kickbacks toggle
• Boosters toggle
• Grenade Throw Back toggle
• If you leave a game, disconnect, or turn off your PS3 mid-game, it will be counted as a loss.
• Kill and deaths no longer count towards your career stats in Plunder and Team Objective modes
• The technical hooks to make the Game of the Year edition (EU) work properly with DLC were added
• In Team Deathmatch mode the Airstrip and London maps now are listed with "No Intro" variations. If these variations are selected you'll start those maps with no convoy events.
• The Long Ranger Medal can now be earned by achieving 3 kills at 50 meters in a match instead of 3 kills at 70 meters.
Very important note: Similar to patch 1.09, all cinema files created pre-patch 1.11 will no longer work once patch 1.11 is released. Therefore if you want to preserve your cinema files please be sure to upload them to YouTube BEFORE downloading and installing patch 1.09. Do it now!
If you're curious as to why we jumped to 1.11 and the last patch we talked about was 1.09, well, 1.10 had minor fixes so we kept rolling up the changes so we could get 1.11 out for you.
We're thrilled to open the Lab for UNCHARTED 3 and can't wait to see you online! Be ready for more information about The Lab and future UNCHARTED 3 multiplayer plans in the coming weeks.
More PlayStation 3 News...
That video was so formal until that short guy used the term "rage quit". Disconnecting shouldn't be considered a loss though, since sometimes it's the games fault.
this is cool, I used to play "knife" only rule when I play Counter Strike with my friends. It's more fun that using a random guns seriously.
Gotta try this out.
05-12-2012 #4Banned User
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
Need to treat DCs the same way as leaving game on purpose otherwise people will simply "leave" by puling the inet plug instead sadly ...