Naughty Dog's Senior Manager of Marketing Communications Arne Meyer has announced that an Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Title Update #3 v1.03 for PS3 will be available today as a mandatory download, as follows:
Today, Friday, December 18, 2009, at 10:00 AM PST (what time is it in my city?) you will be required to download an update to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.
Below is a list of what is different:
- Added Version number to game menu - should display 1.03 after this update
- Added Clan Tags - all players can now add a custom four letter Clan Tag in the Profile Menu (square) to display on-screen before their PSN ID
- Load times have been decreased significantly
- Added "Rematch" functionality
- Adjusted some Boosters for balance
- Addressed issue with Player's Met screen in game menu and XMB displaying incorrectly
- Addressed issue with Double Cash not doubling medal cash rewards
We've also made a slew of other changes to improve player experience.
I spoke with our multiplayer lead designer, Justin, to give us the lowdown on what's so great about a few of these updates. Justin quickly shot me back an e-mail with the following info:
- Clan Tags is an addition we've been working for a while on. While it's not full Clan support, we wanted to be sure that everybody can fly their Clan colors within UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer. Support for this is available to all players from the very beginning and can be edited within the player Profile menu - the same place where you choose your boosters.
- We have significantly decreased load times. You will notice that the game loads into a map much faster after leaving the vote screen. This will help get players into games faster and keep people playing instead of waiting in the menu system.
- We have also added Rematch functionality. At the end of a game, all players will be put back into matchmaking together, allowing you to play the same group of people over again.
This decreases wait times, while still allowing people to leave after a match if they so desire. Again, this gets people into games faster and allows more time playing and less time in the menus - all of which is a very, very good thing!
More PlayStation 3 News...