Sony Details Incoming PS3 System Software Update v4.00
Sony Network Entertainment VP Eric Lempel has detailed incoming PS3 System Software Update version 4.00 today.
Download: PS3 Firmware 4.0 Update (US) / PS3 Firmware 4.0 Update (EU)
To quote: A new system software update (v4.00) will be released this week.
In preparation for the launch of PlayStation Vita (PS Vita) in Japan, this update will prepare PlayStation 3 (PS3) to serve as a content management device.
It will allow users to copy their digital content such as games, music, photos, and videos between PS Vita and PS3, back up PS Vita game games including save data to your PS3 hard drive, and update the system software for your PS Vita system using the network features of your PS3.
Other changes to take effect with this update include:
• PlayStation Plus members can now choose to enable or disable each automatic update feature:
• Game patches
• System software
• Recommended games and videos
• Sync trophy information
• New PlayStation Network settings for filtering friend requests and messages
You can find more details after the firmware goes live here. We look forward to your feedback.
Examiner.com reports the following hidden PS3 Firmware 4.0 features have also been discovered:
• Health warning screen upon system start up
• Game XMB hosts ‘PS Vita System Application Utility’ option
• System settings updated with ‘Delete PS Vita System's Backup Files’ option
• Health warnings tabs for games available under ‘Info’
• British English as system language option
• Remote Play option for PS Vita Available Requires Number Input to Vita Unit
According to PSNStores.com, in PS3 Firmware 4.0 the option to copy installed titles which have PSP playback ability has also been removed.
Instead you are forced to redownload all the titles you wish to put on the PSP and copy them over before they are installed.
Minis and PSOne titles are no longer auto-installed if you select to auto-shutdown after a background download.
Finally, from eussNL, an0nym0us and others via IRC:
[eussNL] besides the new psnpassphrase, the 0x19 keyrevisionset, the several added new sprx's, the still working downgrade and 'kind of' jailbreak, added PS Vita support (and extra attackvectors), a new SDK and trial to reduce PSN spambots ?
The E3 Flasher is confirmed working by the E3 Team with PS3 Firmware v4.00 but not from the XMB, you must use brick fix and then backup BiOS and in flash fun mode flash patched backup directly and the downgrade works.
Also _DiGiTaLAnGeL_ has confirmed that the PS3 Slim NOR downgrade with Progskeet still works like a charm on 4.00
From Glowball1: Hey guys just thought I'd upload the dev_flash and core_os files from the new PS3 4.0 firmware for all interested.
Download: PS3 4.0 Firmware Dev_Flash and Core_OS Files / PS3 4.00 Flash21.bin (Samsung K8Q2815UQB chip via NORway v0.4 Beta 12 by zaf)
Doesn't seem like many changes but the major one for me as a themer is that they have changed the limitations some what on the raf.sprx and paf_psjs.sprx modules so you can only have 90 actors instead of 128.
Sony proving once again that they are in control if you want the best out of the PS3.
Bypass the useless fcked 4.00 on 3.73/3.72
1. Download logan5tool http://www.multiupload.com/LME3FZYQU7
2. Uncheck on program Firmware Update
3. Start proxy
3. Go to Internet settings on PS3/ Set proxy
4. Set a IP and proxy with port 8080
5. Connect into PSN
@cotojestwtf - it's not my tool
Also from cotojestwtf / cotojwtf comes Yet Another Bypass (YAB) v1.0 followed by Yet Another Bypass (YAB) v1.2. From the ReadMe files:
How to use:
1. Start bat file YABStart
2. Set up on PS3/Proxy Seetings IP: of your computer
3. Set up on PS3/Proxy Seetings Port: 27 u can change them on config folder (port.txt)
4. Connect on PSN
Successfully bypassed 4.00 on 3.72/3.73
• If you want turn off proxy, you must do it on your TASK MANAGER (CTRL + ALT + Delete). Search process PS3YAB.exe.
• No It no gain you PSN on CFW.
Yet Another Bypass 1.2
How to use:
1. Start YAB1.2.exe
2. Click to YABStart
3. Set up on PS3/Proxy Seetings IP: of your computer
4. Set up on PS3/Proxy Seetings Port: 27 u can change them on config folder (port.txt)
5. Connect on PSN
Succesfully bypassed 4.00 on 3.72/3.73
NOTE: No It no gain you PSN on CFW.
You can download all stuff from PSStore without error. Enjoy.
[Register or Login to view code]
More PlayStation 3 News...
I have a good feeling that this is going to turn out bad for Sony
funking sony.. just when we get 3.73 spoof and i need to do data exchange... grrr
This is just nonsense. Why not the 10.0 tomorrow ?
Ridiculous really. This FW race from Sony to prevent hackers from catching up is going to turn against them.
Think wisely : all the exploits they haven't patched during all those FW updates, are still working. So keep them coming, it's not gonna save you from anything.
And something big is coming at your faces, i can smell it from here.
Hopefully this won't mess with KaKaRoTo's work.
can anyone try the e3 flasher for download from this and report back please.. i bought one online and then cancelled order as i thought there will be fw update.. lucky or stupid.. does it work still on 4.00.. please tell!!
why sony jump to 4th kind? where's 3.8 and 3.9 ? i thought 4.00 is for ps4.