Soldner-X: Himmelssturmer coming to PSN this October!
Eastasiasoft today announced further release details of their upcoming video game S?er-X: Himmelsst?r (URL: http://www.soldner-x.com) for the PS3.
The PS3 version contains lots of additional new features not found in the original 2007 PC version release, including audio and visual improvements, updated game play, trophies support and much more.
S?er-X: Himmelsst?r is anticipated to be released on the PLAYSTATION Network in North America in October 2008, with other territories expected to follow shortly after.
From the Press Release: Set in the distant future, the game is a fast and furious shoot ’em up with state-of-the-art graphics, driving soundtrack and classic fun gameplay sprinkled with fresh innovations. In the storyline, planet Earth’s resistance aims to stop a deadly infection consuming both life forms and technology alike, oddly having to rely on an antihero mercenary and bounty hunter to pilot a mighty prototype star fighter. His goal: To fight his way to the virus’ origin, save civilization and earn cash to boot!
- Visual improvements including y-scrolling, new background animations, newly added effects and more
- Contains new enemies, including newly crafted standard foes and larger sub boss battles
- Additional boss battle and berserker mode background music (seven brand new tracks in total!)
- New sound effects added for an enhanced gaming experience
- Rebalanced game play with an easier default difficulty
- Rebalanced high score system, including new victory screens
- DUALSHOCK®3 and optional SIXAXIS™ support
- Trophies support
Further key features:
- 12 stages of beautiful parallax graphics and animations, staged across 4 fantastic world/space settings
- High definition graphics in up to 1080p
- Beautiful weather effects (such as rain, fog and lightning)
- Classic design, yet state-of-the-art shooter technology
- Unique upgrade weapon system with five standard weapon types
- Never before seen tactical elements such as chaining, effectiveness system, ’berserker’ mode and more
- Plenty of hidden bonus features
- More than 20 extras (with both positive and negative effects!)
- Addictive collection quests
- Over-the-top boss fights
- Features a superb soundtrack and sound effects
- Up to fix modes of difficulty
- Easy to learn, yet tough to master
- Online high score ranking More PlayStation 3 News...