Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Question Rip DVD's Using Linux?

I was thinking about installing Linux on the PS3 so I can rip DVDs on it. Is there a good easy to use software I can use to do this? Any suggestions or Tutorials would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by StevePPD View Post
    I was thinking about installing Linux on the PS3 so I can rip DVDs on it. Is there a good easy to use software I can use to do this? Any suggestions or Tutorials would be appreciated!
    Try,

dvdrip or XDVDShrink for Linux. Boths are good solutions.

How about Handbrake? It also compiles on PPC and uses the more efficent H264-Standard. Unfortunately it doesn't use the SPE's, so encoding would be VERY slow. Also, it has a preset to encode the dvd playable in the xmb.

dvdrip or XDVDShrink can compile in PowerPC arch?

Can we rip Blu-Ray's or HD DVD's with the Xbox 360 HD -DVD player??

Quote Originally Posted by StevePPD View Post
    sometimes it is not that easy. for example, on a dvd 'fight club' by fox there is some strange protection (cp and dd give a lot of errors, while mplayer plays them ok on pc). it is near to impossible to rip this one on ps3 because hypervisor rejects some low-level commands of blu-ray drive

Maybe it's possible to reencode it with mencoder from the command line.