Sponsored Links

PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question Rip DVD's Using Linux?

Sponsored Links
    I was thinking about installing Linux on the PS3 so I can rip DVDs on it. Is there a good easy to use software I can use to do this? Any suggestions or Tutorials would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by StevePPD View Post
    I was thinking about installing Linux on the PS3 so I can rip DVDs on it. Is there a good easy to use software I can use to do this? Any suggestions or Tutorials would be appreciated!
    Try,

dvdrip or XDVDShrink for Linux. Boths are good solutions.

How about Handbrake? It also compiles on PPC and uses the more efficent H264-Standard. Unfortunately it doesn't use the SPE's, so encoding would be VERY slow. Also, it has a preset to encode the dvd playable in the xmb.

dvdrip or XDVDShrink can compile in PowerPC arch?

Can we rip Blu-Ray's or HD DVD's with the Xbox 360 HD -DVD player??

Quote Originally Posted by StevePPD View Post
    sometimes it is not that easy. for example, on a dvd 'fight club' by fox there is some strange protection (cp and dd give a lot of errors, while mplayer plays them ok on pc). it is near to impossible to rip this one on ps3 because hypervisor rejects some low-level commands of blu-ray drive

Maybe it's possible to reencode it with mencoder from the command line.

Sponsored Links
Please Register at PS4News.com, Login or Activate Your Account to make comments on the PS4 News Forums. Thanks!

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS4 Downloads - PS4 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 4 News